forum

Backing up songs

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
kambo_rambo
I recently formatted and i lost all my .osz files - but i still have my osu folder with all my songs in there. Id like for you guys to implement a feature that allows us to to restore our song list with just the "songs" folder if possible. I couldnt find anything with the search function, so im surprised this has not been mentioned before.
peppy
You can just copy the osu! folder to your new pc? Or copy the songs folder to a new osu! install and hit f5 at song select?
awp
Do you mean copying %osudir%/Songs to a removable media of some kind? That's actually already implemented in Windows.

Otherwise, I find the message hard to understand. You aren't supposed to have .osz files after running osu! - when you run osu! in Play/Edit mode, it automatically searches for any .osz files it can, and it extracts them into their own folder within the Songs directory and then removes the .osz file (otherwise every beatmap would be effectively twice as large as necessary).

On the other hand, if your Songs folder is populated with lots of extracted beatmaps but they're not showing up, refresh the Song List screen (F5) and that should fix any issues there.
Topic Starter
kambo_rambo
hmm hiting f5 did the trick. sorry lol