forum

They Might Be Giants - Withered Hope

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 5:14:51 AM

Artist: They Might Be Giants
Title: Withered Hope
BPM: 139.15
Filesize: 3592kb
Play Time: 02:38
Difficulties Available:
  1. Sad Sack (3.38 stars, 176 notes)
  2. Motorbike (4.79 stars, 292 notes)
  3. Crook (4.35 stars, 249 notes)
Download: They Might Be Giants - Withered Hope
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
So this is for the They Might Be Giants Beatmap Project. I tried a few new things and they were a success.

Edit: Finally finished the hit sounds in Hard. I may, of course, change them later. But for now, here you go.
Edit 2: I felt like making a shitty SB to go with this. I find it's shittiness and content amusing though.
Edit 3: Added the early WIP of Normal.
Edit 4: I didn't flat out change Hard just yet, but I did change a few things and made a new difficulty so you can compare them and see which is better. I made some spacing in the "Sad saaaack, I'm in love with yooou, want to live with yooou, sad saaaack" parts about .2 wider (which would be 1.0). Just a few parts because it just feels like you should be going a little faster during those parts. I think the jumps are intuitive, but I wanna see if these spacing changes are a good idea or not. Edit: The changes stay. Yay.
Edit 5: Normal map is done. Just needs hit sounds and it'll be ready for pending.
Edit 6: Making an Easy cause m980 is such a HARDASS.
Edit 7: Finished Easy map. Need Easy/Normal hit sounds now. Also, new difficulty names.
Edit 8: I think it's all ready now.
Wizard Of Orz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, that's never hindered anyone during gameplay at all, so I don't see how that constitutes as a problem. If you can have intuitive jumps, you can have intuitive anti-jumps, too.
Wizard Of Orz
anti jumps scare me
m980
"But the motorbike dosen't like crooks, it's obsessed with the very sad saaack~~"

It's all fine.

Motorbike has a few weirdly spaced beats, but it should be easy to pick up.

Bubbled.
mtmcl
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
FluffRat
Nice map, I laughed at the storyboard.

BPM 139.12
Offset 194 (I was wrong, more like 190ms)
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
That is such an insignificant BPM change. Doesn't sound better either. It sounds worse though, so there's that. And your offset doesn't really change much. I haven't had any problems with the current offset.
FluffRat
The BPM is definitely 0.03 BPM fast on your timing, with an offset that causes it to drift on time as the song goes on. I simply wanted to get that timing on the record.

[Edited to add] Also, sorry for not modding last night when I got the .osz