forum

Bloc Party - Blue Light

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
winvirus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, January 30, 2009 at 5:31:18 PM

Artist: Bloc Party
Title: Blue Light
BPM: 155.94
Filesize: 3800kb
Play Time: 02:35
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.88 stars, 120 notes)
  2. Normal (2.15 stars, 201 notes)
Download: Bloc Party - Blue Light
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap. =D

=)

Edit: Also, I know I need a second difficulty, but I'd rather find the errors in my first before making a slightly harder version. Should this have gone in Beatmap Help? Sorry.
Edit: Fixed up Easy, added a Normal! Woo! Thanks for the help, DawnII. =)
Edit: Fixed up Easy + Normal again. Thanks, Sinistro!
DawnII
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
winvirus
I did some more work on it. WOW I can't believe I missed the distance snap button, that makes my life so much easier. Thanks. =D
Sinistro
Make the third and fourth combo colours slightly more different from each other, they look too much alike currently.
Lower the hitsound volume a bit, the sound effects are kind of loud.
Soft sample set might fit this song better.

Easy
Make some long combos shorter; 10 and 15 long combos in Easy don't fit very well. I am aware that the low drain does not put the player in real danger from getting infrequent health boosts from combo ends, but it still does not fit from a design perspective.
01:02:91 (1) and 01:08:30 (1) - While ok from a technical stand point, those sliders are quite repetitive. Consider having them repeat less. Some examples for replacement mapping are a lot of the same sliders, each with less repeats, or one slider with less repeats and then something else until the 01:08:30 (1), which will also have fewer repeats and then something else in the place of the repeats yoy removed. Come to think of it, this would be a good place to have an extra break, since it's Easy difficulty and could use one more.
01:21:77 (2) - Too close to the 1. Move it farther, and then move everything after it if spacing needs to be conserved.
01:33:31 (2) - Too close again, move it farther.
02:24:48 (1) - On the other hand, this is too far to move in such a small space of time, considering this is Easy difficulty.
02:27:56 (3) and 02:32:18 (4) - See above comment about sliders with lots of repeats, although this is a comparatively lighter case.

Normal
Again, some combos are too long, but you can make them longer than in Easy; at this stage, roughly 10 long combos are tolerated in moderation.
The end with the five spinners could seem tiresome to some. I won't force you this time, but consider replacing some of the spinners with something else.
Topic Starter
winvirus
Maps've been updated, please mod. =)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.