forum

My total ranked score never changed!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sheshe816
Today(20/1) when I finished playing some songs, I realised that my ranked score never changed!! My score is ranked, my accuracy was also affected, but my ranked score didn't increase!! Can anyone tell me what's happening?
Echo
Ranked score only includes the best score from each beatmap set.
Topic Starter
sheshe816
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
sheshe816
Oh no it happen again!! It is shown that "you achieve rank..." but total ranked score didn't increase again!! Anyone help?
I mean something like this:

Zan_old
The green lettering is your achieved rank on that beatmap, not your total rank.
If you improve your score as well as your accuracy and its also the highest you've gotten out of any difficulty of that song, you will gain points and increase your accuracy. This does not mean you will rank up, and you'll never rank up after playing one beatmap everytime unless you're a very low rank.
Inozuma

Zan wrote:

The green lettering is your achieved rank on that beatmap, not your total rank.
If you improve your score as well as your accuracy and its also the highest you've gotten out of any difficulty of that song, you will gain points and increase your accuracy. This does not mean you will rank up, and you'll never rank up after playing one beatmap everytime unless you're a very low rank.
I think he was talking about his ranked score and not his rank.
Topic Starter
sheshe816
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YoshiKart
Inozuma

sheshe816 wrote:

Yes!! That's what I mean!!
By the way...I am a girl...
(Is that my english really bad? Why no one can understand T^T)
Oops... second time...

But, if I'm not wrong, when you beat (or achieve a map for the first time) your score, it will display :
Congratulations - You achieved online rank #XX (And that's the case)

And when you didn't beat your score :
You have previously set a higher score.
Skyripper

Download: Minibosses - Castlevania (m980) [Timing].osu
YoshiKart

Skyripper wrote:

A.) I had never played on that difficulty
The contradiction starts there. Have you played a different difficulty before?

Skyripper wrote:

I only get half of my score on some songs to my ranked total. Again, to songs I've never played.
That's caused if a score from a previously played difficulty is about half your recent score of another difficulty. Are you sure it's songs you've never played, and not difficulties?
Skyripper
So are you saying if I have played a song before on difficulty (X) and I score 1 million and then I play that same song on a different difficulty (Y) and score 1.5 million, I'll only get 500 thousand points?
YoshiKart
Skyripper
Ok, this is my blindness, or lack of comprehension. I read this whole thread and that line didn't make sense to me until now.

Thank you, this brings a new light to my understanding of scoring :lol:
Echo