forum

More rock/metal!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AntoniusSilvius
Oh hi, im AntoniusSilvius, a "joke", latin nickname for my real name, António Silva. Im portuguese, by the way. 21 years old!
I am a big fan of music oriented games, played them all. Anime, music (i play double and electric bass, acoustic guitar aswell) and people are my drugs. Yeah, people. :D I´m a social work student!

I love osu.
Buut i do think it needs more variety in music, its seriously lacking in the metal/rock, i think. But if you guys know any ranked metal song here, feel free to slap me with it in the face. :lol:
lukewarmholiday
most Metal/rock is generally awkwardly timed(from my experience), thus is a bitch to beatmap.
awp
Most older metal/rock is awkward to time. I threw some Pin-Up Went Down into osu! to test the new tapping algorithm and had two tracks timed in under 2 minutes each. It's mostly prog/avant-garde that's a whore to time; from my experience melodic death metal, and power metal have distinguishable BPM changes (if any exist) but I haven't tried things like gothic metal and thrash metal yet, and a gothic/melodeath might work.

Problem with metal's not so much the timing itself but the fact that it applies itself less effectively to non-instrument-oriented rhythm games than simpler forms of music.
Cheery
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
AntoniusSilvius
There are some pretty beatmap-able metal/rock songs around (and ive seen some trance/j-music beatmaps much more difficult in theory to beat map, and there they are!) - it´s just a matter of work and will. As soon i figure out completely the editor and the timing, i will work on that. I just think that´s something where osu lacks, greatly.
James
people should invent techno/trance-rock
lukewarmholiday

James wrote:

people should invent techno/trance-rock
inb4someonepoststechno/tance-rock
awp
nah, more electronica avant-garde metal plz