forum

Nobuo Uematsu - Clash at the Big Bridge (Easy, Hard, and Ins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 3:49:54 PM

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Title: Clash at the Big Bridge
BPM: 177.7
Filesize: 4698kb
Play Time: 02:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. awp's Easy (3.83 stars, 136 notes)
  2. Hard (4.58 stars, 267 notes)
  3. Insane (4.82 stars, 344 notes)
Download: Nobuo Uematsu - Clash at the Big Bridge
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Okay, fixed all of the problems and gave awp in-game credit for Easy mode.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Something must be wrong with the way uploading things bumps things, unless it's once per 24-hour day, anyway, this is a bump.
Manabeast
Wow. Uh, Not much to say.

It's certainly insane. I don't care for the triplets in the long streams, but it's Insane, so whatever. I don't care for the sliders across the screen from one another, but it's insane, so what ever.

But from 1:56 on, this map just goes INSANE. Like, wow. Maybe change the name to Impossible, like Echo49 did for Wizards in Winter?

Regardless, it's actually quite fun once you get into it (And lose all hope of Full comboing it). Still, ending is rapesauce.

Moar Difficulties. Also, This has inspired me to do the Crow's Claw version of this song. >_>
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Thanks, I was thinking impossible, but I didn't want to copy it, and in the new version, I made the ending combo easier by putting the notes almost on the same spot so there's less moving. But I'm glad you like it, and as stated, I am working on other difficulties.
After some more people see it, I'll change the difficulty to impossible if other people agree.
About the triplets, I put them there to make it obvious that they are slightly faster than the rest of the notes in the stream.
awp
I was going to say leave it at insane until I got to that part. Exactly two minutes in.

And aw, shoot. Had I survived that, I probably would have survived the song. Though, I don't know if I would call it "impossible".

The blue slider at 1:55 has a whistle sound to it. Being only a triple amidst a flurry of notes, it sounds kind of annoying in my opinion.

wait YES I just beat it

alright gj me

But it's tough as hell. Also, fun as hell. Might be a little more fun if it's a little less hectic. Get to crankin' out those other difficulties, but don't forget about FFVIII either.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
FH is so easy, but, I guess making a normal difficulty wouldn't be too bad, check out the Hard difficulty while I go fix that whistle thing.
Extor
Wow... these ones are hard...

You should see some of the beatspacing on insane at the last part. You have those triplets but they aren't stacked like at the first of the beatmap. You should fix it because the song is quite hard with beatspacing.

Hard is great, I don't see any problems with it.

And yeah, you should make an easier version.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Can you give me a time frame for the confusing triplets? And if you're talking about the ones at the very end (final combo), they're meant to be that way to try to get a fail at the end if you did the rapid beats sloppily.
Extor
Yeah, I was reffering to that one. =P

Anyways, I don't know if I'll ever reach that part either... :(
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Manabeast
I'm in the mindset that something should NEVER be done JUST to fail a player. Make it harder, sure, but within reason, even on Insane. There comes a point where you stop trying to make it difficult and start making it sadistic.
awp
My theory is, someone put out a hit on eyup.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
If you've ever played DDR, on Max 300 at the end, there are 4 sets of three rapid steps right at the very end, to make you fail if you're being too sloppy, that's what the final combo is supposed to be like.
And it's not like, I don't want you to pass this song, it's just want it to have to be done well enough so you can survive the final combo, but as I said before, I'll change it if I can get this ranked.
Manabeast
I have. in fact, played MAX 300 (more than my share of times). I wouldn't say those last notes are there to kill you, because they're not even that hard. You can either switch both feet to one arrow and then jump to the other side, or just *tap tap tap*. Nothing really meant to fail you.

However, I HAVE seen people fail on the last note, so maybe it's just a playstyle thing.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I passed it for the first time last night, and I failed at that part at least 6 times in a row.
Nintendonick4
Ack, full of beats... I prefer my songs to be tricky rather than full-on-blast, so I wasn't able to get very far in the three tries I gave it. But from what I saw, it seems to be well-made, although not my preferred style.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
It's a fast song full of beats, so that's what it has to be, I just wish more people would actually look at it, thanks for checking ti out.
MaxwellDemon
Mm... I suggest a slightly easier version before this go into ranking. :P

*starred*
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos

MaxwellDemon wrote:

Mm... I suggest a slightly easier version before this go into ranking. :P

*starred*
I would, however, I have no time right now...
awp
Hell, I have time if you want me to.
show more