forum

Battlecoin Royale - Rules Updated | Signups OPEN

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
The rules have been updated (13th August). Changes are marked in bold.

The rules:

- Each Player starts with 1000 Coins. At the end of each round, each player gains 250 Coins. When they reach zero, you die.
- Each round, every player can choose between 5 actions, of which 2 require a target. Attack, Defend, Heal, Steal and Hide. Each action is DM'ed to the host.

The actions and how they work:

1. Attack, choose a target and spend coins to inflict x2 the amount of damage. Spending 200 coins will thus result in 400 coins being deducted from your chosen target. If the attacked target dies this turn, as long as you have inflicted at least 1 damage, you'll be awarded 500 Coins.
  2. Defend, spend coins to receive the amount x4 as armor for this round. Whenever someone attacks you this round, the damage they would inflict is first reduced by your armor. If you are attacked by 2 people dealing 500 damage and have spent 100, resulting in 400 armor, you will lose 200hp in total, 100 for each attacker. If you however defend, get attacked and fully defend it, the attacker receives damage for half the coins spent on the defense. Defend now also grants x1 of coins spent as armor against Steal.
  3. Heal, pass this turn to gain an additional 500 Coins, 750 in total with the regular 250 per round. However, if you get attacked while healing, any damage you receive from attacks is doubled and in addition to this, the healing will also be halved.
  4. Steal, choose a target and spend coins to steal x2 the amount from them, however, this only works if your target is either defending, healing or stealing themselves. In addition, if you are attacked while stealing, you receive twice the amount of damage, x4 if it's the person you are stealing from.
  5. Hide, become immune for that turn. Every player that targeted an immune player gets 50% of their spent coins refunded. This decision does not cost coins, instead, it costs a usage charge. Every player only has 1 charge, but, if you are targeted while hiding, you will receive another charge and can repeat using Hide until you run out.

- Last player standing wins.

Schedule:

- Every round has a deadline of 24h, but rounds can progress faster, depending on the activity of the participants. If a round ended early, the scheduled deadline for the next round remains unchanged, to avoid accidentally punishing players.
- If a player hasn't submit an action by the time the deadline is met, they will pass the round without conducting an action. They also receive a strike, 2 strikes and they're out.

Thoughts? Feedback? Let me know. Write "in" if you want to join.

List of Champions:
Husa (1st Battle Royale)
vinnicci (2nd Battle Royale)

Current Signups:
AHHH
vinnicci
Husa
samX500
Ashton
abraker
captainmilk
in
I'll try, even though I'll probably lose
Plini
in
Ashton
In.

Now THIS will be an easy win.
samX500
In
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
In
Topic Starter
Kyomaku

Ashton wrote:

In.

Now THIS will be an easy win.

Hahaha
vinnicci
In
Husa
In
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
So we're at 7 for now. I'll again see for a bit if we can get to 10 signups. Max we had so far was 9 in the current Coin Game, but we really progress fast through those rounds, everyone is pretty active! I don't think I'll wait as long for signups this time, I can just host another round if people are still interested to play / want to play more.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
BUMP
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
BUMP2
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
BUMP

I'll start this on sunday
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Last chance to sign up.

List of current players:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Vinnicci
Husa
Ashton
Rebmare
Plini
samX500
samX500
My puzzling rival from the previous battlecoin ain't here, this can't be.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Okay, game is starting. You can DM your actions now!

And the first round concludes! Let's see what everyone has chosen to do.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH attempts to steal for 500 from Husa, but doesn't succeed, as Husa is attacking this round. As he turns around, he finds himself stabbed in the back and mortally wounded.
Vinnicci heals and finds peace this round.
Husa attacks Ashton for 269.
Ashton attempts to heal, but gets attacked by Husa.
Rebmare murders AHHH for 200.
Plini heals and finds peace this round.
samX500 heals and finds peace this round.

These are the calculations and afterwards the new standings after this round:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 1000-500stealing-800damage= DEAD
Vinnicci 1000+750healing=1750
Husa 1000-269attacking+250=981
Ashton 1000+500healing-1076damage+250=674
Rebmare 1000-200attacking+250=1050
Plini 1000+750healing=1750
samX500 1000+750healing=1750

Standings:
1st Vinnicci 1750
1st samX500 1750
1st Plini 1750
4th Rebmare 1050
5th Husa 981
6th Ashton 674

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DEAD

Good luck to all the remaining participants in R2! May your chosen action be a wise one!

Let me clarify a few things, I'm not going to write the calculations as detailed next time, but I wrote them this time to show how this game works right now. (I might make changes to the formula and mechanics after the game concludes though, since I already have new ideas that could improve it even more.)

Basically, what I want to highlight is the order in which your coins are changed and how it affects whether you live or die. Personal actions and the resulting change happens first, this means healing and stealing benefits and attacking and defending costs are taken into account first, then, if anything else happens and targets you, it will now be subtracted from your new total coins. The end of turn +250 is only applied if you are alive before it happens, hence I wrote healing as +500 and +250 separated to clarify it, such as in Ashtons case.

My post doesn't look pretty hmm, if anyone has format suggestions to make my update posts for this game prettier, please let me know or reply with your format idea. Thanks in advance.
Ashton
You evil bitch Husa
Plini
dude wtf
samX500
Poor AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, he could only barely play this game.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Rebmare WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
show more