forum

[invalid] Sliders in Hidden Mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
In Ouendan, the sliders in hidden retain their number, however in Osu they do not, I don't know if this was intentional or not.
peppy
I don't know if you'd call it intentional or not, but I dont see a problem with this as it is?
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
It's a bit harder to tell where you're supposed to hit if the number isn't there, it's bearable, but it's easier with a number there.
awp
I've never actually noticed this. I think it's fine with the rings, but once you start playing on Hidden mode I can see it really messing people up.
Ivalset
Pfft, man up cecil.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos

Ivalset wrote:

Pfft, man up cecil.
What? All I'm saying is that not having a number is an inconvenience, and in the original Ouendan, there were numbers in hidden mode and that it'd be nice if it were changed to be like that.
Ivalset
Well, no one's forcing you the play on hidden. If the beats are disappearing, the sliders should as well, I think.
peppy
I think most of the time you play on hidden mode, you already know the song well enough to know the direction sliders travel. I'd rather leave it as it is personally - it feels stupid having sliders do nothing different in hidden mode.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Well I guess I can't change how you feel, but it WAS that way in Ouendan, and I really liked it that way, if a slider has a reverse icon, I see that white and without thinking I hit that side which totally screws me up, how much time would it actually take to change that?
peppy

cecilthemos wrote:

Well I guess I can't change how you feel, but it WAS that way in Ouendan, and I really liked it that way, if a slider has a reverse icon, I see that white and without thinking I hit that side which totally screws me up, how much time would it actually take to change that?
Maybe I could take the reverse arrows off too? :twisted:.

Its not a matter of time, though (as you should understand from my previous post). If there is enough push for it, I will change this behaviour. Feel free to start a poll if you want to get community input on this!
pkvk9122
Edit: Replied to the wrong post. My bad!