forum

More skinning capabilities

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
An64fan
^See title^

Stuff such as setting positioning for, say, elements on the scoring screen (scores, rank, etc) in the skin's file by specifying x,y coordinates. The pause screen could make use of something like this as well (and it's been requested I believe).

Currently we can set a fail screen and fail sounds... I know the ability to storyboard a fail animation has been requested, what about a skin-based fail animation (could be overridden by a storyboarded one if there's one present)?

I can't think of much else at the immediate moment, though I think some of this stuff could make a good addition and allow skinners some more customizability when it comes to building their skins.
LuigiHann
whyyyyy

skinning is hard enough already
devkit4384
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Granted, I do think it'd be really neat if a skin were more than just an image set change. Reorganizing the location and size of certain buttons (for example, the pause and failure screens), adding some scripting perhaps (say, if HP < 0.25, {Block of storyboarding code that signals near-death} or creating new buttons to execute a function of sorts).

This could add a whole new level of look-and-feel to created skins, but there are downsides to consider as well, such as the time investment vs tradeoff, and what level of control should the skinner be allowed. It's interesting to think about, though.
Atmey
And still compatible with the old/classic/current skins, toggle it via skin.ini if not found take the old style skins.
I'm totally with this.

Any maybe different beats for certain conditions (combo/new combo/HP/Break) and more animated beats. And maybe support for swf.