forum

Shihoko Hirata - Pursuing My True Self [Persona 4 Opening]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Egg1991
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 4:57:59 PM

Artist: Shihoko Hirata
Title: Pursuing My True Self
BPM: 119
Filesize: 15756kb
Play Time: 01:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.75 stars, 194 notes)
  2. Normal (4.17 stars, 149 notes)
Download: Shihoko Hirata - Pursuing My True Self
Download: Shihoko Hirata - Pursuing My True Self (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is the opening theme song for Persona 4. It's a little on the short side, so if anybody knows of a longer version I'd love to hear about it. There are two difficulties but they're pretty similar for the most part. Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

I updated both difficulties a little bit, fixed the timing and added in the video.
DawnII
Inherit all your timing points after the first.

Your timing is close, just a bit off. I got 119 BPM and 10,110 for the offset. Don't forget to resnap and recalc.

This is pretty good, spacing is right on for the most part, interesting beat patterns and good use of sampleset changes. Just remember to inherit those points.

Also I believe the spelling is Shihoko.

If you'd like to use the intro as a background video, I have it ripped straight from the DVD.
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Thanks so much! I made the changes that you suggested, and the opening for the background would be fantastic! I thought about having it but I didn't want a crappy youtube-quality video so I went with a background instead. Also, you're right the name has a k, I misspelled it (I'm a fourth year Japanese student... :( I feel ashamed).
DawnII
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Thanks so much! I added in the video and changed a little bit of hard mode. I think it's pretty nice!
DawnII
[Normal]
00:38:59 (1) - Move this 1/4 back.
00:44:39 (4) - This is a little closer to (3) than it should be.
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Thanks, I fixed those and changed the part at 50:95 as well to match it up a little more with the pattern earlier.
foulcoon
I honestly could not find a single thing wrong with this map zzz

Topic Starter
Egg1991
:D yay thanks so much!
Zatoichi
viewtopic.php?t=8922

I know that two of the same song are welcomed, but it would've been nice if you looked at this first.
Topic Starter
Egg1991
... :o ah! sorry! i just did this for fun, I didn't bother checking if it was in the unranked maps already :( sorry!
Ekaru
Don't worry, it doesn't matter, and no one really cares. I still don't get why no one commented about this when I mapped the Pokemon Theme when it was already mapped and ranked, yet whenever other people make a beatmap to a song someone already did, it's brought up. Ah wells.

Oh yeah, I played them. Nice maps. Didn't really find anything wrong with them. ;)
Zatoichi
Since I posted this in Tekante's thread, I might as well post it here too.

Download: Persona 4 - Pursuing My True Self.osz
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Hmm? :?: Why's you post this here? It says it's never been submitted before.
m980
Rankage
Starrodkirby86
This song is quite fun to play, and...Ahh, how great it is to play the opening to Persona 4. Made me think I should beatmap the Junes song. :P

The video is really high-quality and awesome...But the problem with it is that it was a total lagfest for me so I had to not use it. :( Oh well, doesn't deter anything from the song at all. :)
Topic Starter
Egg1991
:) yay! thanks!