forum

Bancho hates my dialup

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Th3w-san
Okay, I'm like the last person on the planet still trapped in the horrible land of dialup Internet. Have pity on me.

Basically, while I'm playing osu it occasionally loses the connection to Bancho and then is completely unable to reconnect. This happens on average about once an hour or so but it seems pretty random. Restarting osu will get me connected again, but osu's once-a-minute retries never succeed; I HAVE to restart the program to reconnect.

It's possible this is a problem with my ISP and not one with osu or Bancho, but I don't really think so. My Internet connection still works fine, I can alt-tab, start Firefox and load any page like normal. I can even hit the "visit osu! on the web!" button and load up the front page.

I'm using Vista 64-bit with UAC turned off.
guardiansps
i have exacly the same problem, the only diference is in our connection, mine is a dsl cable, so the problem is not on our connections, there might be a problem whit the client our our pc's might something in common.
one day it just stoped working.
i need help too...i miss the online mode
RemmyX25
I feel soooooo bad for you dial up users.

Sorry I can't think of a fix for this, I haven't dealt with a dial up connection for almost 6 years. But if it's any consolation, my campus runs on 30mbit/s connection. That's shared throughout the entire campus- residence halls, staff, faculty, library, and student center, so theres not much room to share. I haven't been able to complete one multiplayer game without disconnecting, and god forbid I download a beatmap via osu!Direct or from the forum. I get disconnected, and I usually download at maybe 100kb/s if that.

So yea. Sorry about your dial up.