forum

Emi Evans - Saigo no Uta

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Plaudible
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, August 30, 2019 at 6:04:57 PM

Artist: Emi Evans
Title: Saigo no Uta
Source: DRAG-ON DRAGOON 3
Tags: Drakengard ドラッグ オン ドラグーン3 ost marathon
BPM: 60
Filesize: 17022kb
Play Time: 07:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. The Black Flower (5.27 stars, 1680 notes)
Download: Emi Evans - Saigo no Uta
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Spreading my wings I soar with death
Love shall spring from the darkest of white
When or how distantly may it be heard
How sweetly they whisper, the wings of the past

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Why do I hear boss music?

Timing by Cryptic
Hitsounding by me

Please play with custom hitsounds enabled, and check out the taiko version!

Storyline
SPOILERS AHEAD!

The Drakengard series takes place in the Nier universe, being the first story to take place almost 12,000 years prior to Automata. Drakengard 3 is the story of a tragic youth, Zero, who suffers countless hardships - abusive parenting, being sold into prostitution, a life as a miscreant, and ultimately, death by an illness. In her passing, she sees a beautiful pink flower rising high above the ground.

Zero wakes up to find that the flower has occupied her body, and presents itself in her right eye, giving her the magical powers of an Intoner - someone that uses their magic through song. The flower intended to bring the end to humanity, and Zero was determined to end its ambitions. As she attempts to commit suicide, the flower brings her back once more, and creates five duplicates of herself - her "sisters" - with similar powers to prevent her from interrupting its goals.

Appropriately named One, Two, Three, Four, and Five, Drakengard 3 is the story of Zero's efforts to kill her sisters and ultimately, with the help of a dragon - herself - to destroy the flower. Several endings conclude this game, most in vain, and one of these leading to what takes place in the Nier universe and the end of humanity in Automata. In the final ending, however, as she finally kills One, Zero and her dragon Mikhail engage in the last fight to destroy the flower: The Final Song, "Saigo no Uta." This map aims to recreate the portrayal of the five sisters' personalities and Zero's story, along with presenting notable features of the boss fight to be playable in osu! (Namely, the rhythm speed changes and the ending)
Lyrics
The lyrics are a roughly disputed topic on this particular song. Another similar rendition that this has some lyrics taken from is "Kuroi Uta," The Black Song by Emi Evans - which isn't grammatically correct either, but has more decipherable lyrics. The ultimate, regardless, goal was to make the vocals sound like an ancient language. Here are the most accurate lyrics possible for Saigo no Uta:

The Black Flower is the voice
which abides in this broken eye
Where it remained since its creation
awaiting its purpose

The time is past to supress my giddiness

So pure and strong, these white claws.

Looked through, always
I too, shall vanish someday.

This wandering soul that cries and howls, even now.

Sleep. I shall give thee death.
Those low-lifes who went along with the sacrifice shall be cursed.

A harmless song of ruin
which creates a monster
that harms itself and others

The Black Flower is the voice
I hear always in bloodied prayers

The Black Flower is the song
that shall ring out the day of repentance
in which all shall...disappear