forum

Report feature and censors need added!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
legoperson95
It would make it more comfortable for young place if there were rules, a report feature, and a censor feature. Many people swear in front of young players and get away with it.........which gives osu! a bad name. And they also put up innapropreate pictures sometimes. I mean, most online games have this report feature. And I can absolutely name one online game that uses sensors. Seriously, make osu! more appropreate for younger players, people! <(-_-)>
Neo@lex
You can report forum posts, and a bancho one would probably be pretty helpful, but I can't agree with censors.
In every site/game I've been on that has censoring I've always been spammed with "fu< u" "SHlT" and related swearing attempts, and to be honest, I feel quite comfortable on osu knowing we are free to write whatever we want so long as no one gets pissed off and we do not violate the ToS.
For the sake of decency, a toggleable text censor wouldn't be that bad, but this IS the internet, and there will always be people using extremely offensive language, posting NSFW links and verbally attacking others. The best thing you can do is to ignore stuff that doesn't concern you (And don't click random IRC links).
peppy
If you find something extra-offensive (and i dont mean run-of-the-mill swearing and crap) then alert a member of the BAT/Moderation team (or PM me even) and we will deal with it. Consider this your "report" button.
LuigiHann
Yeah, I've made a point to remove offensive links or images on the forum, and if anyone posted any equally offensive text I'd remove that as well. I agree with Neo about the swearing, any filter would just result in people bypassing the filter with uglier versions of words.
Topic Starter
legoperson95
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25

legoperson95 wrote:

At least I got some support......but still, I got some more reason why this should happen. First of all, some links people make might contain a virus, malware, or the worst of them all......spyware. :x If someone makes a link like this, they should be able to be reported.....and if they are the ones who made that computer-lethal pogram, arrested. There should also be a rule against prejudice comments..... if there arn't already. :P
Most of us can recognize a virus, and will remove it asap. The only person we really need to worry about posting scripts is Loginer, but he only does it for the lulz, never to kill your computer. (curse that rickrolling link) But other than that, I have yet to see someone TRY to pass on spyware or viruses, so no need to worry.

And when it comes to prejudice comments, theres a line to where it gets really offensive. Like LuigiHann said, he does his best to keep out the offensive ns4w stuff before we get in trouble.
Echo
By the way, the report button on the forum is the exclamation mark you see in each post.

Gabe was basically the only person ever to use it =.=
awp

legoperson95 wrote:

Many people swear in front of young players and get away with it.........which gives osu! a bad name.
[citation needed]
lukewarmholiday

legoperson95 wrote:

Many people swear in front of young players and get away with it.........
Welcome to the internet
Pokebis
I have so much to say about this topic.

Many people swear in front of young players and get away with it.........
In today's society (at least in the US) the amount of swearing that takes place here is at a very small number compared too what the average person hears in real life. Ride a middle school bus for a day to get the idea of what I'm reffering too. The words have basically deteriorated from their offensive origins to mean basically nothing. I think censoring these words would be pointless, and result in lots of people doing what neo@lex said and use other characters to bypass the filters. If your really concerned about this I recommend not paying attention to the community. Oh, and also many beatmaps contain the same kind of profanity as well.
I also want to point out that most of the content hosted and uploaded to this site violates many copyright infringement laws anyways. Are you teaching your children to steal, yet are concerned about profane language?

I mean, most online games have this report feature.

And they also put up innapropreate pictures sometimes.
Please learn how to spell.
And definitions of "inappropriate" may vary from person to person.
Yeah, I've made a point to remove offensive links or images on the forum, and if anyone posted any equally offensive text I'd remove that as well. I agree with Neo about the swearing, any filter would just result in people bypassing the filter with uglier versions of words.
Only because I've labeled mine. I've really only seen mine censored.
By the way, can you tell what's wrong with these posts?
This is the first time I've ever seen someone mention something like this on osu!, so I was surprised you ever cared.

At least I got some support......
Lucky, peppy told me to Fuck off. <- Black text is censored for just for you

First of all, some links people make might contain a virus, malware, or the worst of them all......spyware.
This shouldn't be a problem if you have decent protection and know how to use a computer.

The only person we really need to worry about posting scripts is Loginer, but he only does it for the lulz, never to kill your computer. (curse that rickrolling link)
That was just a picture that redirected to a URL.

And I can absolutely name one online game that uses sensors.
lol, Runescape. Seriously, you can't even communicate without every**** ******* cen***.

I had more to say, but I forgot already.

In summary, if you want a kid-friendly community, go to one of those specific places intended just for children.
Make a supa kool Firefox addon that word filters anything you care for it too (or try and see if you can find one).
Come to the realization of the corrupt world you live in and attempt to learn more or accept it.
Know that I'm not being serious when I call you a cock-sucking faggot-ass fuck-faced cunt-bitch rape-shit looser (which I'm not).
Lurk Moar.
Stop being offended by things.
Stop giving those silly stereotypical "good" people blow.

Oh, by the way, I'm 14 years old, I don't know if you consider that "young" or not, but I feel I've learned so much more from communities with "offensive content" than I ever would anywhere else. It also makes me much more conscious as to what I'm doing in reality. Preventing me from offending people in real life where I otherwise may slip up. I also feel like the internet taught me everything I know.

/me realizes length of post
Oh, whoops, guess I got carried away. I just like freedom of speech. Please stop trying to take it away from me.
Topic Starter
legoperson95
Okay, I knew that this would end this way. But i've found another way around this problem, and you don't have to stop swearing because of this! Look at my new request to see what it is! ;)