forum

ParagonX9 - Super Mario 64 The Alternate Route OC ReMix

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
humbugle
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, April 06, 2009 at 12:39:28 AM

Artist: ParagonX9
Title: Super Mario 64 The Alternate Route OC ReMix
Tags: mario super 64 mushroom remix alternate route paragonx9
BPM: 162
Filesize: 6394kb
Play Time: 02:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.49 stars, 68 notes)
  2. Hard (4.42 stars, 168 notes)
  3. Insane (4.86 stars, 176 notes)
Download: ParagonX9 - Super Mario 64 The Alternate Route OC ReMix
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This beatmap has 3 difficulties - one is very easy, and two are far more challenging versions for people who have been playing for a fair while. There's a big difference between easy and the harder two. It uses a few custom sounds and images - this being my first beatmap to use them I would appreciate any feedback on them working correctly :)

Hope y'all enjoy it! Tips and constructive criticism are welcome and muchly appreciated

Edit: Changed timing, Altered a few new combos and grid snapped a lot of obviously "off" rows of notes
Edit: Lartos changes
Edit: More of Larto's changes! :)
Topic Starter
humbugle
Bumpedy Bump :)
CheeseWarlock
BPM: 162.00
Offset: 62,242

Resnap, recalculate slider lengths, fix things if necessary.

[All difficulties]
There are a lot of issues with new combo usage; you're letting your combos get too high, and not starting new ones at appropriate moments. I've pointed out a few cases, but there are more. And the beginnings of Hard and Insane are a bit boring. Also, a lot of elements are trying to be lined up but are actually a bit slanted because you didn't use grid snap. I'd suggest fixing that, even though things are really only off by a few pixels at most.

[Easy]
01:11:14 (13) - New combo.

[Hard]
01:21:50 (1) - Don't treat spinner start points as dominant beats. (Put another beat where this spinner starts and move the spinner start back a bit.) Once again, there are more cases of this throughout all the difficulties.
01:42:42 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Poor use of new combos.

[Insane]
01:34:84 (15) - New combo.

Nice work on the skinning, by the way. Though if you could, replace the shell images with ones resized a bit nicer like the mushrooms; the edges on the current one don't turn out so well. And Peach and the star don't really fit with the 8-bit theme of the rest of it, though that's not a critical error.
Topic Starter
humbugle
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
humbugle
Bump? :3
Topic Starter
humbugle
Bump? :(
Real1
Nice job on this too, humbugle. Real1 thinks you have great potential! Due to lack of time I only had enough time try hard, but it was a fun ride. And nice skins, too! ;)
Topic Starter
humbugle
Ahhh cheers :D yeah I likes me custom skins recently, and glad you enjoyed it!
Larto
All difficulties:

I suggest really not mapping the beginning. It's really boring.
Start mapping here: 00:35:575
or here: 00:47:427

Also, I don't think the background quite fits. I suggest taking something from Super Mario 64, like Mario standing in front of Bowser or something.

In Detail:
Easy:
01:05:57 (8) - New Combo.
01:55:57 (4) - ^
02:13:35 (1) - This spinner fits not really. Remove it maybe? :S

On the other difficulties are some design problems with which I won't go into detail, however, I see you don't use grid snap, that's fine, you can do that, but seriously, in patterns that actually try to look like something, like a zig zag pattern or a square, I really suggest using grid snap, it'll make things easier. And with pressing "g" in the editor, you also can have a grid that is super small, I suggest working with that one.

tl;dr: Make your patterns look prettier via Grid Snap.

Not bad so far.
Topic Starter
humbugle
Made the changes :) Cheers

Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (_Kiva) [Snowy].osu
Larto
Okay, better now. Let's see..

Also, for all the "Move xxx grids down" comments I'm talking about the tiniest grid.

Easy:
00:59:64 (4) - New Combo
01:17:42 (4) - New Combo
Finish mapping at 02:13:353. Where the map ends now is pretty weird...

Hard:
01:12:61 (3,4) - Move them 1 grid down
01:12:98 (5) - Move this one 1 grid down and one to the right.
01:18:72 (3,4) - One grid up.
01:19:64 (5) - 4 grids to the left
01:19:83 (6) - 2 grids to the left
01:20:01 (7) - 1/4 shorter.
01:44:83 (6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - That part of the zig zag pattern still looks a bit random, anything you can do about that?
02:01:31 (1) - Stack perfectly with last combo's end.
02:10:39 (1) - 1 grid to the right.

Insane:
01:28:90 (9) - New Combo
01:37:79 (11) - New Combo

As you can see, most of these errors are design ones, so we're almost there! :)
Topic Starter
humbugle
Done done and done :D

I got a bit confuzzled while I was working and accidentally saved instead of hitting undo when I'd made a mistake while editing: 01:20:01 (7) - 1/4 shorter.

... Don't ask :P

So I've changed that a tad, let me know if it's alright or whatnot I just screwed up a bit :D

Cheers again Larto!
Nerv_Mario
I liked the map :D
and has good timing ^^
so I a Star :3
Topic Starter
humbugle
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
humbugle
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.