forum

Edit Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ebaosu22
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Larto
No you.

That new tapping system is pretty cool. If the BPM you need for your song is something awkward (Like Trauma Center: Second Opinion - Vulnerability: 165,38), then that tapping system is incredibly useful. It also helps you to place the Offset right (THANK GOD!) and if you want to adjust your offset after that, you still can in the F3 Timing window.

What's not to like?
Starrodkirby86

ebaosu22 wrote:

Anyone notice that the "Tap Here" button is way more confusing and difficult than before? The "samples" keep me from putting the offset where I want to.

Like what Larto said, the new tapping system is actually more accurate than its predecessor. I don't know about offset, but the BPMs are definitely more accurate.

All you need to do is just tap more...8 times...and that's it. The more you tap, the more the offset gets accurate and that's why it changes. And you can always change it back to the one you want to after all that tapping anyway...
Rolled
For me I must say it's a bit less convenient, but my style of timing is judging the BPM just by listening to the song, putting in a rough BPM and fine tuning. It takes like 10 clicks or whatever now to input the offset, so it takes me a bit longer overall. My style of timing comes from pretty much experience, but the new click method is definitely more appropriate for beginners and more newbie friendly. I'd say stick with it.
CheeseWarlock
It's a minor inconvenience at worst. But the beginner-friendliness outweighs this, since it's the newbies who often need the most help with timing.
Topic Starter
ebaosu22
Yea I guess you're right. I finally got the hang of it :D It's much better than the old version =P
mm201
In the old system, your first tap determined the offset, and if it was off, your timing is mangled and you must start over. The new system is much better.