forum

O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, 23 December 2007 at 3:49:43 PM

Artist: O-Zone
Title: Dragostea Din Tei
BPM: 130
Filesize: 9687kb
Play Time: 02:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.93 stars, 239 notes)
  2. Hard (3.85 stars, 269 notes)
Download: O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap released ever!
I originally did the whole song but i cut out the last minute or so.

Updates scince original: It now has distance snap in it! It is also now re-snapped to 1/4! Please comment!!!Now with video!!!Now gotten rid of most stupid bouncing sliders!!!Fixed slight placement errors!!Added whistles and finishes!!
Hard complete!!!

thanks peppy for the updated osu file, it saved some time.

Enjoy!
If you want...
I can't tell you what to do...
EiJi
Welcome to Osu!, Hadoken. ;)

Not a bad map at all, considering it was your first. Keep in mind these suggestions to follow are personal. I am not a mod or anything, just a fellow mapper.

130.00 BPM with an offset of 3,670 sounds good to me. Be sure to resnap with 1/2. Go over it, make sure all notes snapped correctly.

The spacing needs some work. You're encouraged to use Distance snap. This will ensure you have the proper distance between notes. As is, most people wouldn't have problems, but you need to make it as easy as possible for the less experienced as well. Look around the FAQ forum for help with using this.

Other than that, I (personally) have no complaints at all. With better timing and proper spacing, you'll be good to go. I'd also suggest you cut off the portion of the the song you didn't use, just to save space. But no biggie.

Good job. I've seen far worse first maps...including mine. ;)
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
how do i use distance snap?... i changed the BPM and offset to your suggestion but the timing seems fine to me..
EiJi
Distance snap works by either click on "Distance Snap" under the 'new combo,' 'whistle,' etc icons, or you can just press D.

Method 2 is to hold ALT while you are dragging notes. This activates distance snapping as well. But before that, you must set exactly what distance you wish to use. If you hold ALT and use your mouse wheel, it'll set the actual distance. I personally use 0.6-0.8, but that's personal preference.

Basically, place the first note wherever you wish. Select the second note and activate distance snapping and it will place it anywhere you wish within an acceptable distance.

The whole idea is for people to be able to tell when a beat needs to be pressed not only by sound, but by the actual distance between notes.

For further info, please visit this FAQ
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
thanks, used the position snap a bit so now i think its done!
oh, and ive uploaded the new one.
EiJi

hadoken_zero wrote:

i changed the BPM and offset to your suggestion but the timing seems fine to me..
That'd be because you didn't resnap. =) Go to "Timing" and select "resnap all notes"

Work on the distance spacing some more. I can't tell if you did some or if you didn't at all. EVERY note will need to be moved. In case you didn't figure out the system, select a note on the gamefield, hold ALT and move it. When you move it, you'll see that you're forced to place it within a certain distance of the previous note. Just repeat this process for every note. Note by note.

It can take some time, but well worth it.
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
updated again!!
Extor
You forgot to resnap at 1/4 or 1/2. Some notes are at 1/8.

An example of this is the combo at 52:24. All the notes after that are at 1/8 divisor and they aren't correctly spaced. Try to see more of these notes and fix them.

Cya! And great song choice. XD
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
now snapped to 1/4
Fraeon
Well, my personal problem is just an aesthetic one.

The background image. It's. Horrible. Like the song itself.

Other than that, I don't have any bones to pick with this one. I guess it was smoothed out while I was gone.
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
yeah, i was planning to put a video in the bakground but can't until the weekend so it will be like that no later than Sunday but i might do it on friday...

so all changes advised i will try to make this weekend (eastern australian time)
spacing and image (hopefully video) will be fixed!

i was thinking this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfEE_nYehZ8
but i might just try to get an image if i decide it won't look good.

other difficultys might work but i will leave that until later, once i get this right.
I dont even know what to change.
Extor
There are some beatspacing problems after the middle of the song. You can check them by holding ALT while you select the notes.

See if you can improve that a bit and change the background. And I think thats all for this beatmap. (you can do another difficulty too) =D
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
look at my previous post (edited) sorry for not putting it in new post...
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
Now with Video!!! and updated slightly!
peppy

hadoken_zero wrote:

so all changes advised i will try to make this weekend (eastern australian time)
spacing and image (hopefully video) will be fixed!
Ooh another Australian? We are few and far between.

Anyways, this isn't too bad. The beat distance spacing is still a bit wonky, but I think everyone know this song well enough for it to not be a huge problem. If you still aren't sure about distance-space conventions, have a read through the beatmap/editor guide found here
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero

peppy wrote:

The beat distance spacing is still a bit wonky, but I think everyone know this song well enough for it to not be a huge problem.
All fixed, i think, i went through it again.
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
just wondered if anyones had a go at this because i would like to know how it is.....
peppy
Snap beat at 27.9s, 1m24s to the red tick. Also a few others that could do with snapping, so I did this and attached the osu. See if you agree.

Note stepping at 1m2s is a bit hard because of the double spacing - you might want to consider making them closer together (at least a bit) to stay in-line with the rest of the beatmap difficulty wise.

Download: O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei (normal) (hadoken_zero).osu
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
fixed, i forgot about that and was thinking of changing it anyway,

a big thanks!!!!
BlueSoda4U
Oh I LOVE this song :) I cant wait to play it!
show more