forum

Takahiro Nishi - Pokemon Diamond & Pearl - Palkia & Dialga B

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nullset
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on domingo, 19 de abril de 2009 at 12:37:18 p.m.

Artist: Takahiro Nishi
Title: Pokemon Diamond & Pearl - Palkia & Dialga Battle
Source: Pokemon Diamond & Pearl version
Tags: Nintendo pokemon diamond pearl version SSBB smash bros brawl
BPM: 180
Filesize: 6989kb
Play Time: 02:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Dialga! (4.58 stars, 249 notes)
  2. Palkia! (2.45 stars, 130 notes)
Download: Takahiro Nishi - Pokemon Diamond & Pearl - Palkia & Dialga Battle
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
A wild Palkia & Dialga theme song SSBB version appears!

Go, Beatmap!

Beatmap used Beatmap Submission!

It's super effective!

Rankcha!

---

lol @ BSS rejecting the word "Pok?mon" and labeling it as foreign word

So, enjoy. Nazi me plz. So, well, yes, I am a lurker with absolutely no reputation as a mapper, and I don't really like pok?mon that much, but I'd be damned if this song isn't awesome~. So, you guys tell me what you think.

EDIT: Reupping Because of missing difficulties.
EDIT: Corrected all instances of "pok?mon"
EDIT: Corrected all instances of "pok?mon"... now for reals (edited the .osu's as well) :3 sorry, song crashing bug lol
and MetalMario201's fixes (Thanks bro)
EDIT: Damn, a MetalMario210 and a quick GIS can demonstrate the infinity of human stupidity... and with that being, yes, I swapped Dialga with Palkia and viceversa. Sorry all, spare my idiocy D: .Also made a quick mp3 trim around the 2:40 mark and woo I am a bandwith saver (notwithstanding all this bandwith I carelessly used by reuploading over, and over...). I am ranting now... I'll check Ekaru's stuff (that sounds creepier than I thought) tomorrow. Gotta sleep, I've got work in the morning.
Also, if anyone can provide me with this song's author's name I'd be really happy. I've searched around, and got nothing. I would like to get that instead of the generic Nintendo thing, but both are fine.
EDIT: Small spacing/hitsound changes in dialga. Only wanted to reinstate that this beatmap is still alive. I need modding.
EDIT: Took Ekaru's, MetalMario's and minyeob suggestions. Thank you all. Ready for another round of verification.
EDIT: Pretty cool, bros. MetalMario as awesome as ever, providing people with hitsounds that fit for their beatmaps. Thanks in advance. Also flyboy's timing didn't really click with me, but the slider think was true. Thanks. Reupped new ver. with overrides and stuff. Corrected author's name. YOU DAWG I HERD YOU LIKE EDITS SO WE PUT AN EDIT IN YOUR EDIT... added fun happy bliss preview points
EDIT: Added kiai time for the last timing sections of both songs!
EDIT: 0_o's modding applied. Very tasteful suggestions, bro.
EDIT: Minor changes
mm201
Please remove the "é" from the mp3 name, as it appears in the .osu file, since the audio doesn't work otherwise.

Now, this is actually pretty good! It's also a song I've been hearing a lot of lately, since I've been saved right there, attempting to capture a shiny Dialga. :P

Timing:
BPM: 180, Offset: 32 (Make sure it isn't 179.998 BPM.)
BPM: 120, Offset: 79,698 (Don't use inheritance here. It mangles your sliderticks and makes everything strange.)
BPM: 180, Offset: 111,698

All other inheritance sections are fine, but should probably be rounded to the nearest white/red ticks with the new timing.

Easy:
  1. Lots of obvious jumps you might get criticized for since it's an easy difficulty. They're fine by me however.
  2. 00:40:00 (1) - Love these shapes!
  3. 00:59:00 (2,3) and 01:02:33 (2,3) - These jumps are a little tricky for Easy IMO.
  4. 01:19:66 (1,2,1,2) - Sorry, but this whole section just cries out "n00b!!" The loong sliders with weird ticks and unsynched rebounds are just narsty. When my new timing is applied, these sliders morph into something sort of cool, so work from there.
Hard:
  1. The jumps are killin' me! :O Is fine.
  2. Various spacing errors, like 00:20:36 (4,5). Some of them which serve a purpose (either are jumps for difficulty or form attractive shapes) can be left, but make it obvious.
  3. All the sliders in the section at 1:19:698 will need to be rebuilt for the correct tempo.
It would be cool to extend the Palkia vs. Dialga theme to the difficulty names.

Nice map, and good luck with it!
K2J

nullset wrote:

EDIT: Corrected all instances of "pokémon"
Not all of them - open up each difficulty in Notepad (from the editor's file menu) and change it in the "AudioFilename" line.

Pretty good, actually. I'll keep an eye on this.
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
The Pokémon's names are swapped. u__u; Palkia is the pink/white biped, while Dialga is the blue quadruped. Think, "Dia" := "Diamond" and "Pal" := "Pearl."

Lastly, the mp3 is much longer than the mapped portion. Consider trimming it to around 2:40.
Topic Starter
nullset
Giddy up and bump!
K2J
The timing issue for the Spear Pillar segment... I got Offset: 79,714ms BPM: 119.96 - similar to what MetalMario201 got. Otherwise, I think this map is good - Palkia! is a bit intimidating at first, but I can beat it, so I think the difficulty is fine. Are you planning on any more difficulties to match with the upcoming Platinum version? Not saying you have to, of course.
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
Please add 24 to all the offsets I provided, since you changed the mp3.

Also combo colours:
Palkia: (234, 128, 234), (171, 154, 182), (173,49, 82), (239, 222, 255)
Dialga: (131, 231, 252), (32, 112, 192), (213, 224, 234), (0, 160, 112)

(There is significance to the green. ;))

Starred.
Topic Starter
nullset
Hey guys, thank you for all your support.

Just bumping this thread up to avoid it from being at graveyard. It just happens life's a beach, you know, having to juggle a home change, a full-time job, college studies, exams and lack of internet access kind of has left me without any free time at allto map: seriously, there's even some palm trees over there and stuff.

I've taken notes of all modding, and I will post asap. Again, thanks for the support. I will make something worth of the star!

EDIT Forgot my kudosu :3
minyeob
[Palkia!]
Better spacing for beginners
1:29:198(3),(4) Move up a bit.
1:45:701(4) Move down a bit.
1:49:694(4) Same as above.
2:01:034(1) Move right a bit.
2:03:694(1) Move left a bit.

[Dialga!]
2:11:533(8)- Remove this
I want to mention some of strange spacings but I don't know about the rankable spacing so....... [sigh]

Star'd.
mm201
flyboy87
Hmm...

-Timings-
I got these. These are just my suggestions, feel free not to change them if you wish.

1) BPM: 180, Offset: 80 - Slider (10) now snaps perfectly with the rest of the beats
2) BPM: 120, Offset: 79734 - All notes now snap perfectly

-Others-
[Dialga]
2:23:388 (4) - Ugly slider

That's all.

Star~
Topic Starter
nullset

MetalMario201 wrote:

Will I catch a shiny Dialga before this map gets ranked? :P

For both difficulties, scroll to 0:13:222 and select "Set current position as preview" in the timing menu. (thanks peppy, for adding the editor frontend for this ^^,)

Dialga:
  1. 00:48:72 (4,1) - This is the only "creative" spacing which is bothering me. (my fix) The rest is awesome.
Also, have a hitsound. Enable custom overrides *only* for the 120BPM section and add a clap to every other white tick. (Consider cutting back on Finishes a bit, too, with this.)

Artist, I believe, is Junichi Masuda. Not 100% sure on this one. Brawl should say.
Found Takahiro Nishi as the "arrangement supervisor" here. Guess it's not the author, but since I'm using the brawl version, guess it's correct to add him as author, no?
vytalibus
Amidst the widely-spaced 1/2 beats in [Dialga!] and some minor spacing issues in [Palkia!]...

0_o
Topic Starter
nullset

0_o wrote:

Palkia!
00:48:05 (3) - Maybe flip horizontally? Just to match the spacing of the previous sliders in the combo.
Hm, alright. Is cool, yup, spacing is better if h-flipped
01:01:38 (1) - Methinks this is too close, it's the same distance away from the previous notes but 1/2 further on the timeline.
K, flipped Horizontally. the way the slider was before, it was kinda retarded alright. Plays much better now
01:11:38 (1) - Line this up with 3, or make it so they arent overlapping like that?
Hm, I hear you... Know what, that big retarded C shaped slider did not click after all. I changed the whole section to a more interesting-ish pattern

Dialga!
00:36:72 (6) - a TAD off centre... normally I don't look for this sort of thing, but I saw it while looking at the next correction :P
00:37:05 (7,8) - Space this further away?
00:37:38 (9) - Any chance you could make this SLIGHTLY more symettrical? It's a liiitle higher on the right (I think it's the same thing here 00:32:05 (10), but it's less noticable to me for some reason. But if you end up changing this one, remember to replace this one as well.
remade these palkia patterns with a more interesting-ish pattern. Also symmetry and stuff.

Besides/in addition to the above: I think spacing is one of the main issues here. It's still playable, really, with a few exceptions I really didn't notice many of the spacing issues until I actually went to mod. I'm just not sure how BATs would feel about ranking it like it is now. You may want to get a second (BAT) opinion before overhauling it with distance snap, but that's my 2 cents.

EDIT: You know what, screw it. It's fun. Yes the spacing is irregular, but the point of consistent spacing is to make it intuitive, and since the approach circles are so large I really don't think intuitiveness is an issue.
I still stand by the changes that I suggested at the top, but really, I wouldn't have any problem seeing this ranked. You just have to find 2 BATs who feel the same way :P

Good luck! :) Gotta say I love the hitsounds, it really adds a lot to the map and the piece :D
Thanks bro :3, and hitsound credit goes to MetalMario201. Kudos have been properly addressed.
Takuma
Advice given to nullset in irc.
Will recheck afterward.
Lilac
Hmm, very interesting so far, a lot of the mistakes have been picked up and this is just my taste of it.

Palkia:

The hitsounds used on this is very creative I must say. However it is overused at sometimes.

00:54:05 (2) - The clap and whistle combo are not need. I don't see how they fit, either replace or get rid of it.
00:57:28 (2) - Look above. ^
01:00:05 (3,4,5) - Excessive claps not needed, I recommend just putting it on the 4.
01:03:38 (3,4,5) - See above ^

The slider shape at 00:40:05 was doesn't seem very nice for easy. It's just my opinion but I think you should change, either way, I won't force you and remember these are all suggestions.

Dialga:
Most this is well done, and even I'm not phased about the spacing! And spacing is very crucial, you've done well. However just point I would like to point out and that is...

00:18:55 (7,1,2,3) - Seems a bit cluttered to me and I can barely see the hitcircles.

Anyway, after if you decide to do these changes. (Or not...)

...YOU GOT STAR! :D
mm201

awp wrote:

Why the fuck isn't this ranked yet
show more