forum

Orkrist - Euthymia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Balcerzak
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 at 01:04:24

Artist: Orkrist
Title: Euthymia
BPM: 90
Filesize: 6502kb
Play Time: 04:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.94 stars, 191 notes)
  2. Normal (1.05 stars, 191 notes)
Download: Orkrist - Euthymia
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hey everyone, while I joined awhile ago, I had an ancient computer that couldn't run Osu! Just since the start of this year have I had a new one, and only recently did I remember to check out the game again. This is my very first attempt at making a beatmap, and I was shooting for mediocre (playable, completable, and decent, nothing special).
The song is Euthymia, by a Slovakian metal band called Orkrist, and it is an amazing instrumental track. Since I feel metal seems to be somewhat under-represented in terms of beatmaps, and also wouldn't mind increasing awareness of the band (whom I thoroughly enjoy), that's why I chose this piece to get started on.

I'm pretty sure I got most of the timings and offsets right, or very close. I honestly can't say whether or not it's true down to the millisecond (I tried using the Universal Offest adjuster, but no matter where I set it too, I couldn't tell a difference, so maybe I'm just not especially sensitive to minute differences; this could explain while I struggle a lot with the harder difficulties). So, I guess there may be subtle problems there that I've overlooked. If so, let me know.

Like I said, since I'm not particularly expert calibur myself, I was shooting to make something that I could easily clear, but would have to struggle badly to S-rank, which seems to be par with most of the "normal" difficulty beatmaps I've tried. Be forewarned that some sections will be ridiculously easy, while others will be (somewhat) fast and furious.

As far as break spacings go, I tried to put in a goodly amount of them, actually blocking out entire passages where things seemed to shift to double time, partly because I didn't feel comfortable mapping things that fast/difficult, to be perfectly honest.

FYI, I haven't added any whistles or finishers sounds. I find them to be jarring, personally, but if I ever get around to polishing this to a higher status, I may consider switching in a few, as it looks like the community frowns on a severe lack of them. Also, I haven't yet bothered finding a background image, because--I'll be the first to admit this--the beatmap is still very raw, and probably not very good, and will need a lot of work.
Topic Starter
Balcerzak
Bumping, because nobody looked at it in almost a week.