forum

Suggestions for the Experience & Level System

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Frankly, I'm surprised nobody's suggested anything like this yet.

1) For those of us who like the experience system, a sound effect for experience accumulation and

2) a short fanfare heard when you level up would be awesome.

3) It wouldn't hurt to put the words "Level Up!" in there too when you hit a new level, and it'd be even cooler if that were somehow animated in such a way that it complimented the fanfare.

4) Also, a "To Next Level" experience count below the experience gauge (which would preferably count down as your bar goes up) would be a nice touch.

*Edit* 5) This would require the actual gauge to be more animated rather than being an instant gain.

Basically, all I'm really suggesting is, if you're gonna have an RPG element, why not take it all the way and make it as awesome as possible!

Please consider these things. Being a huge RPG player myself, this would give me a lot more motivation to "grind" and thus get better.
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
I agree. I'm not asking for anything that would be annoying or overly flashy; just something that would call a bit of extra attention.
K2J
As long as it's skinnable. Mostly because it would fit so well with my skin.
mm201

Ace Of Hearts wrote:

Frankly, I'm surprised nobody's suggested anything like this yet.

1) For those of us who like the experience system, a sound effect for experience accumulation and

2) a short fanfare heard when you level up would be awesome.
We can knock the sounds off from Pokémon!

Ace Of Hearts wrote:

3) It wouldn't hurt to put the words "Level Up!" in there too when you hit a new level, and it'd be even cooler if that were somehow animated in such a way that it complimented the fanfare.
Could be like the "+1" and such you get when you rank up.

Anyway, the level/experience ladder is kind of an extra as it is. It's a sort of a consolation for those who can't get high ranks. :P