forum

2 of 'em - Pie Preview and Grade/Acc. slide out

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
:D

1. I realize there is pie preview time in there, but can this span the whole pie? For songs that are pretty long, the preview time shown is tiny and very insignificant. There shouldn't be a preview time for songs whose first note is about 3 seconds after the game starts, but I think it will feel nice if preview time spans the whole pie when there's at least 5 seconds to "spare". :P

2. [Toggle suggestion warning! Feel free to hate.] Don't waste the code for the showing of in-game accuracy and grade bit! :P Although I can live without the white text popping up from the right, I think this can be a good thing to put back in. I'm not saying get rid of the in-game accuracy, but (if there's sufficient room in the break, of course) have the accuracy and rank slide out to the right, show up enlarged in the screen coming from the right, slide out to the left, then slide right back in at the top left (shrunken).
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
1. Yes.
2. Okay.
Gemi

YoshiKart wrote:

1. I realize there is pie preview time in there, but can this span the whole pie? For songs that are pretty long, the preview time shown is tiny and very insignificant. There shouldn't be a preview time for songs whose first note is about 3 seconds after the game starts, but I think it will feel nice if preview time spans the whole pie when there's at least 5 seconds to "spare". :P
Currently the pie chart uses the same progress speed for the intro as it uses for the rest of the song. Imo this is good and very intuitive. If you'd change this mechanism so that the intro takes the full 360 degrees and the song itself takes another full 360 degrees then the speeds would be different, right? I think the current system is better.
LuigiHann
Here's a thought. What if, for the intro, the pie chart starts partially full, and decreases, so that it empties by the time the beatmap itself starts, then it can fill up at the same rate until the end of the song.
AceOfArrows
1. So, uh...kinda like a longer countdown to the first note when there's lots of intro time? I would support this idea.

2. I agree. *IF* there is sufficient room in the break. I also like the idea of making this a toggle in the option menu. That way you could choose whether or not you want this so-called "clutter."
peppy

LuigiHann wrote:

Here's a thought. What if, for the intro, the pie chart starts partially full, and decreases, so that it empties by the time the beatmap itself starts, then it can fill up at the same rate until the end of the song.
Are you being sarcastic? Because that's what it currently does..
LuigiHann

peppy wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

I'm not being sarcastic, but if that's the case then I think it's fine as is. Apparently I just never noticed it.
Gemi

LuigiHann wrote:

peppy wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

I'm not being sarcastic, but if that's the case then I think it's fine as is. Apparently I just never noticed it.
Let's just keep it the way it is. Much more intuitive and better than the suggested change.
Hyperworm
Having the preview and regular pies at the same rate is more consistent and simple, sure, but I don't see why it's more intuitive. It's not difficult to figure out what it means when the pie volume is decreasing before the song starts, regardless of its rate.

Reasons for supporting this idea:
1. I didn't even notice the decreasing pie for a while because its area is quite small and the colour is darker (iirc). Increased area makes it more obvious.
2. On long beatmaps (e.g. Ryuuseigun) the preview slither is so small as to be worthless.
3. Why should the preview pie be dependent on the beatmap length anyway? You don't care how long it is until the end of the song if the beatmap hasn't even started yet, you're more interested in how long before it starts.

Actually I think it'd be quite good if there was some kind of indication of how long breaks would go on for ("break pie"), so that I could use chat in breaks more effectively. Not sure how this would be designed though. Replace the pie during breaks? Overlay the two? A separate "break timer" (only present during long breaks) would also work.
Ekaru
Let's just keep it the way it is. Much more intuitive and better than the suggested change.
Eh, I don't find it very intuitive when there are times you can't even see the preview pie because the time before the map starts is a few seconds or less, and the map goes on for 3 minutes +. I'd say that making the preview pie span the entire pie would work much better, since you could actually notice it on every single map. Besides, it'd be fun seeing how fast the circle would decrease on Sakura Sake maps. ;P

Remember, things aren't intuitive when you can't even see the blasted portion of the circle, or the portion is so tiny that it's not easy to tell how long til the song starts, which is often the case.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
I'll throw my two cents and say I agree with point 1. I also think a second pie during breaks would be pretty interesting.