forum

Sektone - Playdoh

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
garbanian
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 at 12:35:45 PM

Artist: Sektone
Title: Playdoh
BPM: 185
Filesize: 2960kb
Play Time: 02:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Is This For Real (4.81 stars, 480 notes)
Download: Sektone - Playdoh
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Pretty nifty song if I do say so myself.
I could use some suggestions for the end part, it feels a little weird and I can't figure out why.
Oh, and as always, I made the craptastic little background >_>
Have fun with it!
Mogsy
A couple of things:
-Distance snapping is your friend, please use it.
-A map needs multiple difficulties to get ranked.
-Hitsounds should be used more often. Don't be afraid of using Inherit Timing sections to change the audio style.
-Read the editing FAQ.

In the meantime, polish up this map with these suggestions and I'll take a look at it once you make the necessary changes. Welcome to the mapping part of osu!.
Topic Starter
garbanian

Mogsworth wrote:

A couple of things:
-Distance snapping is your friend, please use it.
-A map needs multiple difficulties to get ranked.
-Hitsounds should be used more often. Don't be afraid of using Inherit Timing sections to change the audio style.
-Read the editing FAQ.

In the meantime, polish up this map with these suggestions and I'll take a look at it once you make the necessary changes. Welcome to the mapping part of osu!.
osheet, I thought I clicked the little WIP beatmap thing >_> *sigh*

Oh, yea, why must a beatmap have the sounds in it? I mean, a song was made by the person and they made it that way for a reason, right? Why alter it? Eh, matter of opinion I guess.
Mogsy
Because playing without hitsounds is bland. They can also be used to accentuate key points or even be used creatively in a song (I can only remember some songs now by hitsounds, to be honest). Just play around with them a bit before you reupload it.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.