forum

SHIKI - SEPIA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aoitenshi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K2J
There's some problems, but you certainly could've done worse. I would definitely recommend moving this back to the Help forum when you re-upload.

I can't really help you on the BPM personally, but I know it's wrong. You can tell by the fact that even your first notes don't even fall on the beats. Experiment with the manual arrows; don't rely on your clicking ability too much!

Next, don't try to do stacks yourself. For instance, look at 01:02:00 (25,26,27,28). You've made it so they looked stacked in the editor, but it looks rather irregular. osu! does stacking automatically; simply put each note directly under the one before. Though it might look weird in the editor, they'll translate into correct stacks in the play mode (try testing it and see).

Another thing to note about 01:02:00 (25,26,27,28) is how high those combo numbers are. You really shouldn't have a color combo that lasts more than, say 18 or so in a Hard map (I think 24 is acceptable for Insane). Try to find places in the music that makes sense for there to be a new combo start; in this example, you could do it on the 14th note in the combo.

Everything I've mentioned so far makes the map hard to play, but passable in theory. This next problem makes the map impossible to play by any human being without hacking:

No. You can't have a note on the same beat as a slider's end - I'm fairly certain it's impossible for a normal human being to play this without stopping the slider early and getting a 100 on that. I like having the sliders end where the next one begins on the play field, but you just can not do that in the music. I'm sorry.

01:51:86 (13) - Er, it's not on the field... delete it and try again

Finally, (and this is a problem absolutely everyone who's new to osu! makes, so don't feel bad): distance snap. I'm sure you used it in a lot of places, but you should use it everywhere.

I know that's a lot of complaints, but I know you can do it. Start by watching others' maps, addressing the problems I've outlined, and playing the map yourself (with the three difficulty-reducing mods if you have to!) Get a background to give your map some identity (design -> upper-right corner), as well.
Topic Starter
Aoitenshi
I fix The Hard diffuculity with your comment pal.
Topic Starter
Aoitenshi
BUMP! Many news on the first post.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.