forum

Customizable hit circles and direction arrows.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
neku12
I had a great idea to turn some of my favorite game's rhythm based minigames into beatmaps here in Osu!, but emulate it correctly, they would have to be able to click an entire section at once, and to slide in any direction, but with no set distance. You could shape the hit circles to any shape, even big rectangles, and for the arrows, when they were set, the player would have to slide the mouse in the over the length of the arrow before the outer circle reaches the arrow.
An64fan
Clarify please.
Azure_Kite

neku12 wrote:

I had a great idea to turn some of my favorite game's rhythm based minigames into beatmaps here in Osu!, but emulate it correctly, they would have to be able to click an entire section at once, and to slide in any direction, but with no set distance. You could shape the hit circles to any shape, even big rectangles, and for the arrows, when they were set, the player would have to slide the mouse in the over the length of the arrow before the outer circle reaches the arrow.
I think he means for reshapable hit circles, slider circles, ie, change the shape from the normal circle to (using his expression) a rectangle.
mattyu007
Skin them?
ThePassingShadow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo

neku12 wrote:

and for the arrows, when they were set, the player would have to slide the mouse in the over the length of the arrow before the outer circle reaches the arrow.
This part can't be replicated with the current osu.

And tbh I don't want to see something like this implemented >.> Don't try to change osu into your favourite rhythm game.
mm201
There was already a map which had eggs as hitcircles, and while the accepted region to click was still a circle, I found it very confusing and disorienting figuring out where on the objects I could click.

There's also my map which TPS pointed out, but the Katamari balls are balanced and mostly circular, so I don't find them problematic.

There was also this Looney Tunes OTO-ripoff game on the DS with square hitcircles, but let's not go there. :P