forum

Sugimori Masakazu - The Steel Samurai

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rtsmarty
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 19 November 2007 at 00:32:48

Artist: Sugimori Masakazu
Title: The Steel Samurai
BPM: 140
Filesize: 2481kb
Play Time: 01:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.5 stars, 179 notes)
Download: Sugimori Masakazu - The Steel Samurai
---------------
First beatmap. :0 Not sure about it. Not sure if it's been done either so sorry if it has. It's a bit short too :[ Not even a minute.
Echo
Very good beatmap, especially for a first! Just a few things:

First of all, your timing is slightly off. Get rid of all your timing sections except the first one, and change it to BPM=140. Then, resnap all notes at 1/4 beat snap division. After that, you will need to fix some of the slider lengths.

Another thing I noticed is that at around 0:48 the red beats are spaced perfectly but the following orange 3-4-5 are too close to the 2. Space it the same way as the red.

Try finishing the song, or at least mapping a bit more of it. It'll make a fun beatmap to play!
Topic Starter
rtsmarty

Echo49 wrote:

Very good beatmap, especially for a first! Just a few things:

First of all, your timing is slightly off. Get rid of all your timing sections except the first one, and change it to BPM=140. Then, resnap all notes at 1/4 beat snap division. After that, you will need to fix some of the slider lengths.

Another thing I noticed is that at around 0:48 the red beats are spaced perfectly but the following orange 3-4-5 are too close to the 2. Space it the same way as the red.

Try finishing the song, or at least mapping a bit more of it. It'll make a fun beatmap to play!
Thanks. :)

Those timing sections.. I had no idea what they did (I think I do now). I added them as markers so that I knew how long my phase markers had to be. Eventually ditched that idea but forgot to get rid of the ones I used :s They're gone now anyway. I changed the BPM and snapped everything like you said. Doesn't sound any different to me but a round number makes more sense I suppose. :D

I actually noticed about the badly placed markers a little after I submitted it but I wasn't sure if there was any way to update. I didn't want it to make a whole new topic for such an insignificant fix. Do I just reupload in the same way I originally uploaded it?

I was gonna do more of the song but after that point it just loops so I figured it'd get repetitive. Seemed a decent enough place to end it... I'll try to extend it, but sorry if I just repeat myself. :/
Echo
Click File->Upload like you did the first time. It'll automatically find this thread and update your beatmaps.
Topic Starter
rtsmarty
Ok I tried to lengthen it a bit. Now takes up 90% of the MP3 rather than 50%... :)
Extor
I think it's quite nice. The beatmap is quite hard though. But after some practice I think I can pass it.

You should make an easier version. =D

Cya!

*Stars*
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.