forum

How many of you ever run from random encounters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ivalset
Depends on the game, though I generally always consider escaping unless attempting to escape is risky, ie persona 3, where your entire turn is pretty much gone, versus p4, where you wait for an opening.

I find I escape from more battles near the end of a game.
GSR_old
Depends on the game and where I am in it, though I used to do it all the time. I beat the first Golden Sun at level 17.
Slain087
Level 17?! Yeesh, how the heck did you ever beat Saturos like that?

EDIT: And Menardi? I mean, I know you can just spam barrier Djinn all the time, but...

I generally use it a lot nowadays, whenever I don't want to bother fighting or in more extreme cases, I know I'm outmatched (e.g. those large gel-things in FFX-2 or Reaper in P3/4). Early-game, though, I never run at all. I go out of my way to grind that early.
eee
I run in only pokemon games cause they seem to be really long, unless there is a major level difference
in final fantasy and those kind of games, I don't really hit escape.

Slain087 wrote:

I haven't played GS, I've tried, but never completed, from what I read, Saturos is lvl 14, he should be easy to defeat
Atmey
Rarely, unless I know I was a goner if I didn't run, or sometimes when I get bored fighting the same enemy tens of times.
Loginer
I hate grinding. I hate turn-based games. I hate non-interactive battles. I hate games with artificial 200 hour lengths. I hate frequent random encounters. If it weren't for the often excellent stories and catchy soundtracks, I'd avoid all "normal" RPGs like the plague.
GSR_old

Slain087 wrote:

Djinn, equipment. Unfortunately I accidentally saved over the file not long ago. If I recall, the final boss took a while. I'm thinking about trying it again for my new playthrough.
[Youmu]
hmm it depends for me when i run from random encounters
it's only whenever i get soo annoyed
alcoatjez
It really depends on the game. When I was playing FF3 on the DS you will need to grind at certain points in the game. Most of the time I only escape from battles when the battles are too easy (mainly when back-tracking).
K2J
Not a huge RPG junkie, but Pokémon is probably the most-fled game I've ever played, just because of the sheer quantity of the encounters, especially when going through a long area (i.e., Victory Road) so I don't run out of PP. Whose idea was it to make elixirs and ethers unbuyable, anyway?

Slain087 wrote:

I had to reread this line a couple of times before I realized what it meant.
Mogsy
Ivalset
Actually, fighting every battle is for wimps.

"lol hi mr boss that i am already sufficiently leveled to defeat normally using scrub tactics hi tarunda hi rakukaja hi attack x200 hi macca leaves/me-(dia/diarama/diaharan)"

Using persona examples because it's the last game I've played.

edit: wait i forgot healing
An64fan
Depends a lot on the situation. I'll flee from fights in any game, if, say, I'm just trying to get someplace and fights are slowing me down too much, or if I really need to get away else die, just getting tired of fighting, etc.

Pokémon, Paper Mario, Tales of Symphonia, anything else I can't think of right now.

The only game where I haven't frequently fled is Okami. I've only run from a few fights, and I think all but a couple of those times were accidental lol.
Kasada
I escape if the battle is insignificant. If I can get something good from the battle, I'll fight it. If the monsters give good exp, I'll fight it. If I can't get anything good and I don't get enough exp to make a difference, I'm outta there. Oh, and I'll usually escape if I've just healed my party up to fight a boss or something and I want to be in peak condition.
Gens
I escape only when it's safe. I kinda like Grinding. But I get pissed off when the console turns off accidentally and I didn't saved nothing >:|
Ashura43
Actually... I just run off when I don't wanna waste time... or when I espect that the battle is going to take more than 2 rounds ^^' I'm not the ultimate fighter in RPG's ;p
Jinxy
In pokemon, my pokemon are amazingly always the correct level even though i run so much. Then again, i grind before a Gym.

In TWEWY, there are no random encounters so i kinda used the preset pins till the end of Shiki week... Of course i had a array of 1337 pins before fighting Draco Cantus. Now im striving to collect the Darklit planets.... Wait. Out of point.
Neo@lex
Fuck random encounters, I have action replay.
show more