forum

Mouse Wheel doesn't respond after Edit mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
varq
The mouse wheel doesn't scroll at all after I leave Edit mode. In the chat box, song select menu, multiplayer lobby, ect. The only solution I found to fix this was to restart Osu!.
An64fan
Has been reported numerous times (by myself as well). It seems that it happens when you add media (background, video, or images to the sprite library), but I intend on doing some testing with various variables to see what circumstances lead to the mouse wheel being disabled.

EDIT: I don't know how useful this is, but it seems that the mouse wheel locks whenever you browse for something from the editor (adding background image/video, or adding sprites to the sprite library). The wheel doesn't lock up when you check the sprite library and your desired images are already in the song folder (but clicking browse, again, locks it up).
roleykatsu
As An64fan said: the scroll wheel is unable to be used after you browse for media files.

Don't worry, I believe every user has this. I am not sure if peppy knows about this or not but I think it will be fixed in the next update or so.

Until then, you should save your beatmap once you browse for media, close the program and start up osu! again. The mouse wheel should work now.
An64fan
Peppy knows, but he says he can't reproduce this little bug. Why I checked and posted some more details; they might be useful.
0_o

An64fan wrote:

I don't know how useful this is, but it seems that the mouse wheel locks whenever you browse for something from the editor (adding background image/video, or adding sprites to the sprite library). The wheel doesn't lock up when you check the sprite library and your desired images are already in the song folder (but clicking browse, again, locks it up).
^

bumping because it's annoying to have to quit the editor every time I load a background :|