forum

Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 12:06:04 AM

Artist: Natasha Bedingfield
Title: Unwritten
BPM: 100
Filesize: 6184kb
Play Time: 02:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.88 stars, 420 notes)
  2. Normal (4.3 stars, 266 notes)
Download: Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Normal mode: COMPLETE!

Hard mode: COMPLETE!

If this map seems different from my normal mapping, that's because it IS. The beat placement on the timeline, for me, is how I sing along to the song when I don't feel like using words. Sorry if it doesn't make sense. >_>

Also, I'm wondering if I should just map it to the end? Or maybe include a Long-Mode version or something. I dunno. The song itself is best in the last part anyways, so I encourage people to at least listen to the end. ^^;;

Keep checking time, btw~

EDIT: Hitsounds added. Or rather, more hit sounds added.
EDIT: Small changes. Noticable? Dunno.
EDIT: m980 fixes. Perfect-o IMO. Rankz plawcks.
EDIT: Lowered hitsound volume by LuigiHann's request.
Edit: Larto fixes.
Edit: Larto un-fixes. >_>;;
Edit: Pasonia pointed out some possibly "too short" spinners. I extended those by 1/4 beat, and auto says 3k bonus in test mode. Should be perfectly 300able for most players.
Edit: Various changes, offset was a bit late and stuff. Rawr.

Edit: Slight timing change.
m980
Okaaaay

Normal
01:04:32 (3) - Is a slider that goes for 0ms? Change it to a hitcircle.
01:07:62 (4,5) - Move over to the right abit.

Hard
00:38:37 (7) - This will throw people off..

Some stuff about ugliness that you probably don't care about
00:48:87 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - Wow.. I'd make all the beats overlap sliiiightly.
00:58:47 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Ditto
01:56:06 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Pick overlap sliightly or no touchy. Stick with it.
02:15:56 (2,3) - Messiness = Bad

Timing = Right? (BPM & Offset and stuff) I'm not sure. I can't tell.. <.<"

Starrrrrrr
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Fixed.
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Fixed.
Larto
Yeah I think I can bubble this don't punch me.

*removes bubble again* I just suck at timing, foulcoon just proved that -_-

Get your old timing back. (120,02/2.680)
foulcoon

yay!

My accuracy is a bit weird, the old timing worked better for me i think. Overall the map is pretty sweet ;P
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Un-Fixed. >_>;;
Pasonia
-
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai

Pasonia wrote:

Normal

Spacing nazi at work tells me that...
00:15:87 (1,2,3,4) - is slightly unevenly spaced. Accelerating spacing?
00:38:67 (6,7,8,9) - Spacing too? Or is it my eyes playing tricks on me?

00:55:92 (1,1) - These two spinners are hard to 300 for the human player, because it's not something auto can 300+2000 bonus with. I personally think that the spinners are too short.

I st'ed because it occured to me that the spacing is somewhat consistent. I have to assume that you haven't used DS, hence the "perceived" errors.
I do use distance spacing except on certain sections where, while not being equidistant from previous spacing areas, have a special meaning. FOr example, for the section in hard's "feel the rain on your skin" i use custom spacing that's visual appealing, yet still SSable.

And for the record, I checked the spinners, and I swear they were 2k with auto. I'll look again later, but yeah, that's my input.

PS: On the map of Hard, I used 1.0 spacing and 1.5 except in custom instances. For the formation to the words "reaching" and "distance", I believe, I used 1.5 to make it seem like you're reaching along with the song. >_>

P.P.S.: Just noticed you only looked at Normal mode. XD Disregard statements about hard mode if you don't feel like reading.

Edit: Lengthened the spinners in question.
Jarby
(Unorganized) OPINIONS INCOMING: You don't need to follow them.

The hitsound volume is just a bit too high, especially for the amount of the hitsounds you're using.
Normal 00:37:77 (4) - The pause from the other stacked circles is too confused for a Normal difficulty. This happens at other times as well.
Raise the HP Drain on both difficulties.
Hard 00:39:42 (1,2) - I don't like these tiny combos.
00:55:62 (1,2,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,1) - I don't like these either.
01:03:27 - This section, too.
02:16:61 (1,1,1,1) - Especially this section.
And the rest. You know where they are. If you're going to keep them, raise the HP Drain even more.
Normal 01:09:72 (1) - This sounds better if you move the start 1/4 ahead.
Normal 02:35:06 (1) - As above, move it 1/4 ahead.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
This is pretty damn awesome.

Just a few questions concerning Normal:
01:07:622 (4) | This and the ones like it feel just a tad late, but that's probably due to the song not being rigid bpm-wise (at least it feels that way).
02:27:112 (2,1) | This spacing (change?) feels a tad sudden, but if that's the way you want it I can't argue with it. Just might have a learning curve that's all.

Didn't really have any other quarrel with it, Good Job ^^
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
idk you asked, and I'm hearing a BPM of straight up 100.00 and an offset around 2669 - the thing is, the bass beat on every first and third beat is slightly off-beat when the snare beat is lined with the second and fourth beat. Since the snare has a more specific snap to it I went with that.
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I'll use the 100 BPM, but the offset works better as is (2675) since vocals are slightly after the beat you timed to. When I listen to it with your offset, it sounds like it's just "off" a bit, but at 2675, the beats seam more in-sync. In terms of playing, I believe most people play to the vocals if they can, and use the background bass as a reference. But what do I know, I don't really play much anymore. XD

ANYWAYS, I'ma leave offset at 2675 and put BPM at 100 flat. We'll see how it is. *waves for the waiter* Check, please!
m980
I find.. No faults
kingcobra52
Awesome job, Hito.

Ranked. :)