forum

Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on viernes, 24 de abril de 2009 at 11:42:18

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Title: To Zanarkand
BPM: 90
Filesize: 2551kb
Play Time: 01:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4,4 stars, 122 notes)
  2. Insane (4,82 stars, 166 notes)
  3. Normal (2,38 stars, 86 notes)
Download: Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
2d beatmap, hope everyone likes

Thanks to peppy for the mp3
Thanks to Larto for sliderticks. Ty Lorto
Thanks to everyone who contributed with beatmap testing/modding and stars. <3
DawnII
This isn't a single bpm. Pianists don't tend to play at a constant speed, they really like their accelerandos. For a rough timing, a BPM of 91.7 and 25,764 offset seems to work ok. I'm not going to go in depth with this timing.

Time signature should also be 3/4.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Thx DawnII,

i knew there was somthing wrong about the timing, i thought it changed somehow...
Anyways i will be using one bpm + shifting the extra beats when needing so, in order to time them correctly.

(me reads this again after 3 months... "somthing wrong about the timing" .. "shifting extra beats" <-- im loling here)
whymeman
I have an offset of 365... but, like the problem DawnII addressed is that the BPM of song is changing like the wind.

The offset acually put the main hit notes on the red ticks, but that should still work out at some point unless someone says otherwise.

Edit: Great song btw ^_^
DawnII
00:51:35 (4) - End this on the previous white tick, or to be more precise, an 1/8 before the white tick.
01:26:08 (4) - End this on the previous white tick.

I want to tell you to try and do your best to place notes on a tick, but I'm not so sure. I think most of the notes you have off a tick can fit on 1/4, or at least 1/8.

Best solution for this is to find someone to give a more concrete timing.
TheRagnarok
Hey, I'm just a random passerby (drawn to the song, a very soothing piece after all!), but I'd just like to offer up something real quick:

Regarding the countdown: Having the countdown come in as the intro brings me into the song is much like having several football players crashing a piano recital. I would just recommend excluding the countdown...the intro is long enough to assert the tempo, I think.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Yes Ragnarok. I thought exactly the same thing.

Never the less... i dont know how to eliminate that haha.

I will ask inside game. thx for reminding !
TheRagnarok
You may have already figured this out, but as a note of reference, if you go to the song setup, and select the storyboarding tab, you can deselect the "enable countdown" box.

Looking forward to seeing this ranked! :)
Lesjuh
Ok this is what i got:
You will need 4 timing sections to keep track of the beats.
Time Signature: 3/4 (in all sections)
BPM: 91,514 (in all sections)
Beat Snap Divisor: 1/6
Distance Spacing: wha-evah <3

Offset for timing sections:
1. Offset: 25.778
2. Offset: 53.541
3. Offset: 71.576
4. Offset: 75.837

After you have done that^ you must do the thing you sweared never to do... RESNAP <3
Then you'll see most of the beats are wrong placed. You can easily fix that by resyncing them on the timeline. after that you should also go trough your distance snap again. Finishing touch is adding some whistles.
Good luck :D
Zodiark1020
Wow my best game's beatmap! I love this, how can i say...wonderful! Do your best for this map..:P
Yuukari-Banteki
sections that sound like timing is off:

00:27:78 (4) - the end of this is late
00:40:24 (5) - sounds off
00:48:60 (1) - isnt snapped in either timing section AND sounds off
00:54:52 (3) - sounds early
00:56:20 (1) - ^
00:57:77 (1) - ^
00:58:49 (3,4) - sound late
01:12:51 (4) - sounds early
01:13:50 (7) - ^
01:14:40 (8) - sounds late
eee
ok, I told you this, theee first timing sections don't really matter . . . but. . . . um. . . nvm
so, here's a star, cause I can't find anything for an eee mod, atm
please, just giving a star, no kudosu
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Yuukari-Banteki
[Normal]
00:41:54 (1) - line this up with the end of 6
ok i know this is going to give you a nice headache but i think that the whole thing needs to switch to the soft sampleset and made slightly louder >>
01:19:78 (8,9,10) - spacing?

[Hard]
00:37:65 (7) - extend this to the red tick in its ending timing section
00:39:52 (1) - extend this to the next timing section i think?
00:42:82 (5) - extend to the red tick
00:47:68 (2) - snap to red and add a note 1/2 earlier
00:48:32 (4) - snap to red
01:07:29 (1) - imo extend this to the next timing section
01:09:82 (1) - delete this and make a break. atm you have no break, which is unrankable
Gens
ohai
yes Timing's crazy but the map's relaxing, so I like it :3
Star~
EEeee
DT + hardrock on is awesome

*star
CheeseWarlock
Timing... no objections. Well done, you're part of the cool club now.

[Hard]
01:30:63() - This piano note needs a hitcircle. Make the spinner start after it.
Sinistro
Make the first timing section start, say, a full beat earlier, so that even those who click early on the first circle (like me) can hear the soft sample section.

Set a better preview point, like just before the first hitcircle.

Normal
The break is so short, all you gain is some warning arrows that clash with the map's mood. Just leave that area unmapped, the drain is hardly big enough to cause any sort of problem during that time.

Hard
01:09:79 (1) - This feels pretty random, revise please.

Cheese and Cyclone's opinion on the timing is good enough for me. I applaud your persistence, which is enough on its own to merit a gold star.
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lesjuh
Totally forgot to star this.
There you go :3

Download: Yuki Kajiura - Venari Strigas (C o I z) [404's Hard+].osu
show more