forum

Mouse/pad recommendation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
akstylish
I'm using the stock mouse that came with my crappy gateway desktop, and it's frigging hard to follow the beats. Know of any mouse/pad combo that you'd recommend?
RemmyX25
*Move to Gameplay(?)*

Any mouse that costs more than $10 should be fine. Mine actually was $16 at Wal-mart.

As for mouse pad, maybe you should take a look at this?
Zerostarry
I use a Logitech G5, and a sheet of paper. :3
Kasada
I use a Razer Diamondback. 50 dollars, but it looks sweet and it improved my skills instantly.

As for a mouse pad, don't ask me. My desk works nicely.
Slain087
Any optical mouse should do, though I recommend a wireless one (so you don't trip over the wire on spinners). I don't like using ball mice. As for pa-*knife'd*, just make sure it's big enough so that your mouse can go over the entire field without having to shift around. Go for a stand-alone pad (meaning, none of those things on the end you can rest your wrist on), but try to get one of those wrist protectors so you don't get nasty blisters on fast maps.
Topic Starter
akstylish
Ok, I remembered I have a tablet(small Bamboo Fun), so I played with it. Well, I did worse. :( Is 6.4 x 7.2 in. too small?
Atmey
I use Logitech G9 and a big pad with "nova" in its name. I'm satisfied.
James
i use logitech g5 or a4tech x7
i mainly use x7 though since i use my g5 for tournaments (FPS/strat/etc)
and imo x7 = g5, only 70% cheaper.

and mousepad...
piece of paper or folder (not the plastic one)

edit:
oh yeah i use a $2 a4tech optical mouse for osu before... (when i dont have any gaming mouse yet)

Download: Suzaku - Anisakis -somatic mutation type Forza- (tsukamaete) [Kana's CTB].osu
Rolled
I have a 6$ optical mouse and I use it on a desk cluttered with cigarette ashes.

That's the best setup imo.
Metroid
Me - Ye Old Compaq ball/scroll wheel mouse, This is due that I like the feeling of some weight on my mouse instead of the nothing feeling of a laser mouse...

I do have a see-through mouse pad with wrist pad but I don't use it, I use my table and my chair's arm rest that lost all the foam on it, Thus I get cuts sometimes...
An64fan

akstylish wrote:

Ok, I remembered I have a tablet(small Bamboo Fun), so I played with it. Well, I did worse. :( Is 6.4 x 7.2 in. too small?
Not at all. I'm playing with an even smaller tablet (5.8"x3.7") and I wouldn't go it any other way. That's me, of course.

You're not gonna do that great at first. I myself would recommend playing windowed, especially for a larger tablet like that, but it's a preference thing. If you feel you want to play with a tablet, just keep practicing. It's a little like learning to use the mouse all over again. :P The time for getting used to a tablet is probably different from person to person. I have used the keyboard for tapping for most of the time so it was only a matter of learning coordination again when I started with the tablet.

As for a mouse and pad, I'd say to use whatever you feel most comfortable with. I've always found it a little hard at first to get used to a new mouse, so that's the only huge thing I'd keep in mind.
Lizbeth

Zerostarry wrote:

I use a Logitech G5, and a sheet of paper. :3

same here :D
cyanberryio

Metroid wrote:

Me - Ye Old Compaq ball/scroll wheel mouse, This is due that I like the feeling of some weight on my mouse instead of the nothing feeling of a laser mouse...
Same here, I use an old Compaq, ball mouse. It's actually pretty nice, It's still runs smooth, only every once in a while it will mess up, but later it works. And a old ocean mouse pad, it's good quality, but wearing out, since it's REALLY old! I don't like light mice(?) either.

It does the job well! :)
Kitty McWittles
I've probably got the "best" mouse out of all osu players, but I still suck ass >_>

Logitech MX Revolution (laser ftw). My desk is my pad.

I seem to do best with mouse sensitivity 3.0, yet I still can't FC to save my life. Any pointers? ._.
Jecht_old
Slow down your mouse sensitivity imo. ^
Once you get used to it, you'll get more accurate.
High speeds tend to be harder to control since a 2mm slipup would be disasterous.
Sorr0w_old
What is the average mouse sensitivity people use? I have mine set at 1.4 x right now but idk if I should increase it or not?
Metroid

Sorr0w wrote:

What is the average mouse sensitivity people use? I have mine set at 1.4 x right now but idk if I should increase it or not?
Everyone has their own unique settings, so it's best to try to find the sensitivity you prefer..
sesito71
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DJPop
Cyclone should detail his mouse + mouse pad too :P
Skyripper
I just use 1x so I can't really comment on that. My precision comes from my windows sensitivity and mouse dpi

I can say that your mouse pad should be clean (this includes under the mouse pad), lay perfectly flat, and not move around.
show more