forum

Assist tick

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
akstylish
This will make the hit sound automatically follow the beat, not your timing. I think it'll help noobs like me who can't figure out beat intervals of tricky beatmaps. I've watched autoplay multiple times but it's not helping much. Plus for a long song you have to wait quite a while to see the part you want to, even at 2x.
LuigiHann
Interesting concept, but you could just open the map in edit mode and examine it there.
Jarby
You mean like the metronome in edit mode? It may have to a difficulty reduction/unranked mod, since it would make songs with multiple timing sections easier.
Topic Starter
akstylish

LuigiHann wrote:

Interesting concept, but you could just open the map in edit mode and examine it there.
You still have to watch it in preview though. Test mode doesn't have that feature either last time I checked.

JarJarJacob wrote:

You mean like the metronome in edit mode?
I ticked on/off metronome clicks and didn't find any difference in the hit sound...am I doing something wrong?

It may have to a difficulty reduction/unranked mod, since it would make songs with multiple timing sections easier.
Yes, it would be logical to be so.
LuigiHann

akstylish wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

You still have to watch it in preview though. Test mode doesn't have that feature either last time I checked.
I thought your goal was to learn the intended rhythm of the beats. If so, just listening to it in the editor would accomplish that, right? It's faster than watching autoplay
Topic Starter
akstylish
In that case I have nothing else to say. But this idea was from stepmania and it definitely helped when I was playing and listening to the automated beat at the same time.
adamskii_uk
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jarby

akstylish wrote:

I ticked on/off metronome clicks and didn't find any difference in the hit sound...am I doing something wrong?
It only works in the timing tab.
Echo

JarJarJacob wrote:

You mean like the metronome in edit mode? It may have to a difficulty reduction/unranked mod, since it would make songs with multiple timing sections easier.
I don't think it would make it easier.
Atmey

Echo wrote:

JarJarJacob wrote:

I don't think it would make it easier.
It did make stepmania a little easier. not sure about this one, don't know until you try.
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan

Gemi wrote:

I'd be interested to try out how well it would work to add a mod which removes the key sounding and replaces it with the editor style, so that a sound is heard always just on beat. So no sound for clicking, but always a sound when you would need to click. This might work as a good learning mod. It should however be unranked if it is implemented.
I don't like this idea.... I get messed up when I can't hear the beats sound at my click. Seriously, sudden volume drops on maps unnerve me. Something like this would just throw me off right in full.

Besides, we have *gasp* approach circles!
Gemi

An64fan wrote:

I don't like this idea.... I get messed up when I can't hear the beats sound at my click. Seriously, sudden volume drops on maps unnerve me. Something like this would just throw me off right in full.
As an alternative mod. You don't need to use it.

An64fan wrote:

Besides, we have *gasp* approach circles!
There are visual and audial players, some are better with sound assist, some with visual assist like hit circles.