forum

Knights in the Nightmare

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Alright first and foremost, its a Sting RPG. Makers of Rivera and Yggdra Union. Very Niche, but usually very cosmetically appealing games. Sting RPGs are pretty much hit or miss, because they always strive for something unique. Now, whether it may or may not be your thing this may be one of the most absurd RPGs for the DS right now.

I'll throw up some review quotes from a guy who really came into the game with the right mindset(and on IGN of all places)

IGN wrote:

]Knights in the Nightmare may be – in fact, I’m pretty sure it is – the most complex game I’ve ever played. There’s a near-endless list of options, strategy, stats, and gameplay mechanics to learn, and I could see serious players spending an hour or two learning the ins and outs of the game via tutorials and tips, trying a few missions to get the feel for it all, and then restarting their file once they really get the game. It’s deep, and for some it’s going to be too much. For others though, this is the depth and strategy that is missing from current-day games. If you’re up for a truly original, genre-less experience that innovates and pushes players in a way few titles will, Knights in the Nightmare is meant for you. And with every new piece of the puzzle comes a whole new wave of possibilities. By the time you figure it all out, you’ll have discovered a game so robust and truly complete that you – like me – will want to see everything it has to offer. Knights in the Nightmare is an awesome addition to the DS library.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/988/988860p2.html

Soundtrack is simply beautiful and all composed by a single freaking artist, the gameplay is some bastard spawn of bullet hell games and SRPGs. This review pretty much sold me since its exactly what I wanted to hear.
YellowerYoshi
Wow... that does look rather complex, but very,very intriguing. Those screenshots make me think of Touhou which make it even better.
Loginer
I just played this game for an hour.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but for some reason, I like it.
EEeee

Loginer wrote:

I just played this game for an hour.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but for some reason, I like it.
Same here, so much going on ?_? plus nice style awarded to this game
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
This is one of those games where you just keep playing.

Learn intricacies later.

Only thing you really need to know is DON'T RUSH IT. Take your time, you have plenty.
Atmey
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
somebody recently told me to get this game, I hope I didn't forget to

I'll get it now just to be safe
Two_old
horriblee graphics
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

Two wrote:

horriblee graphics
Loginer

Two wrote:

horriblee graphics
Trollface Your face has horriblee graphics.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
It's a little cluttered but it's beautifully cluttered
Echo
The videos from the official site makes it look like a bullet dodging game (touhou anyone? :P)
Loginer
It is a bullet dodging game.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Ivalset
Argh, I need to get myself to continue playing this game. Too distracted with psp gaming.
Echo
I should get this.

Maybe finish gyakuten kenji first :P
Echo
I thought the game looked simple in the preview videos on the main site.

Then I got to the setup screen and finally understood the first page of this topic :) Still, it looks pretty fun.