forum

Primus - Shake Hands with Beef

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 at 11:53:20 PM

Artist: Primus
Title: Shake Hands with Beef
BPM: 96.7
Filesize: 3734kb
Play Time: 03:10
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.11 stars, 423 notes)
Download: Primus - Shake Hands with Beef
---------------
Yay, Puffles is back!

This song has very repetitive rhythms, so I had the challenge of creating a level that's repetitive, to complement the song, but also fun at the same time, and I needed to make sure that it doesn't get boring half way through.

Protip: Whenever you have two sets of two eighth notes (you'll see that pattern a whole lot), try alternating left and right clicks. You can easily play the song with only left-clicking, but your timing will probably be more accurate if you use both buttons.

For some reason I can't get rid of the mode identical to Hard that just appeared by itself. Can anybody help with that?

Feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Normal mode coming soon.

P.S. I'm also looking for suggestions for a picture to use as a background. "Ground beef wallpaper" in Google Images doesn't turn up much.
Topic Starter
Puffles
Now up on YouTube

Also, this isn't a joke level like the Peaches one! With this one I was being serious when I made it, and I need feedback!
Echo
Fine with me, I don't see any glaring problems.
Topic Starter
Puffles

Echo49 wrote:

Fine with me, I don't see any glaring problems.
OK, I'll get started on the easy version then.

Any suggestions on how to improve the level, though? (I'm just asking since it doesn't sound like you think it's perfect.)
Echo
It's very good. I was just running out of things to say =P
Fraeon
I echo Echo's words.

Just do an easy version for us sucky tappers, will ya?
Topic Starter
Puffles
Sorry for being away so long! My computer died, and I'm waiting for my new Alienware rig, which probably won't come until Janurary.

I'll be back making beatmaps in the new year, don't worry! (Then you'll finally get an easy version.)
chan
Don't like the song, and it took me a while to get used to the main pattern of the song, but this is actually ok. Beat/distance spacing seems to increase throughout the song: for example, 01:44:47 is spaced more than prior similar combos. Still doing an easy version?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.