forum

m.o.v.e - Rage your dream

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K2J
I don't think the rap part is too hard for the difficulty, though the jumps are pretty big. I think it's fine, IMO.

Timing seems spot on, and the path of the music is nice and varied by a lot of 1-repeat sliders. Only issue is how Normal tends to have notes pretty soon after the spinners (02:53:72 (1)), sometimes far away from the center. This would be more of an issue if you labeled the map "Easy", but I think it's just a small problem on a Normal map. I'm debating whether or not the easy spinners enable the next notes to be far away... I think a slight move to the right would be fine, even if it has to be a short 3-hitcircle stream instead of a stack.
Sir Minelli
Hello there, lets see what can i do for you ^^

- When i say "add a beat here" - "Change the look" - "Move it there" <--- Those are just opinions. Don't need to do so~.-

Lets begin!~

Normal

Ok so we have this slider here 01:31:93 (1) - and just after it ends, a stack of 3 beats come. You dont have to be like damn fast to reach the first beat, but for normal difficulty it's a bit too fast. I recommend moving the spinner back to the blue tick. Here to be precise: 01:31:81 - That will do.
Same goes for this slider 02:51:97 (1) - Move back to the blue tick.

This slider here sounds horrible --> 03:36:24 (3) -

-About the rap part, i didn't find it hard to follow.

Hard

You sure you want a clap sound in this slider? 00:49:04 (5) -
01:41:19 (5) - too far from this slider's end: 01:40:68 (4) -
You can make 01:41:19 (5) a new combo if you want to and remove new combo from 01:41:69 (1) - if you do so.
01:48:19 (1) - I think this slider comes too fast after this beat 01:47:94 (8) -
Id say move it ahead to the red tick here 01:48:44 (1) -

The rap part now... interesting. It's hard yes, but playable.

02:01:57 (6) - new combo here

02:02:45 (1) - Too far from 02:02:70 (2) - I think spacing is ok but,
for my point of view, after you click this beat 02:02:45 (1), you will have to perform the next pattern which will get difficult after that tiny jump. Maybe lower the spacing between the beat and the following pattern.

02:04:20 (1) - 02:04:45 (2) - This caught me off guard, didn't expect that slider speed change here.
Maybe instead of this, you might consider adding the same previous pattern here:
02:02:70 (2) - 02:02:82 (3) - 02:02:95 (4) - 02:03:07 (5) - 02:03:20 (6) -
Thats it for the rap part. Lets continue now.

02:45:21 (5) - too far from this slider's end 02:44:71 (4) -
Once again you can make this 02:45:21 (5) a new combo and remove new combo from 02:45:71 (1) -
03:01:22 (5) - <-- same problem with this slider.

03:03:72 (1) - you sure you want clap here?
03:40:24 (1) - I think this spinner sounds better if you move one tick ahead, to the blue tick

And thats all i think =)

Good job, i liked both difficulties =)

-Standing for what you believe in is right, even if you are standing alone-
Topic Starter
mm201

Sir Minelli wrote:

Hello there, lets see what can i do for you ^^

- When i say "add a beat here" - "Change the look" - "Move it there" <--- Those are just opinions. Don't need to do so~.-

Lets begin!~

Normal

Ok so we have this slider here 01:31:93 (1) - and just after it ends, a stack of 3 beats come. You dont have to be like damn fast to reach the first beat, but for normal difficulty it's a bit too fast. I recommend moving the spinner back to the blue tick. Here to be precise: 01:31:81 - That will do.
Same goes for this slider 02:51:97 (1) - Move back to the blue tick.
You mean spinners here? :P I couldn't find any ending spot other than where they are which sounds right and isn't much too short. Taking 01:31:93 (1) for example: the next earlier endpoint I could use which doesn't sound completely like garbage is 1:32:686, which leaves the spinner lasting only 1.5 beats, which is too short for a Normal. I'm leaving the spinners as they are for now.

Sir Minelli wrote:

This slider here sounds horrible --> 03:36:24 (3) -
I changed this and the others to solid whistles. I find they sound equally good either way.

Sir Minelli wrote:

Hard

You sure you want a clap sound in this slider? 00:49:04 (5) -
Why, yes! ^o^

Sir Minelli wrote:

01:41:19 (5) - too far from this slider's end: 01:40:68 (4) -
You can make 01:41:19 (5) a new combo if you want to and remove new combo from 01:41:69 (1) - if you do so.
This (and repeats) are spaced this way to make the shapes more attractive and interesting. I don't find them confusing in any way and I'm as nasty of a spacing nazi as they come. Changing the combo colour wouldn't go right with the music. I might change this if a BAT demands it, but I'm happy with it as is.

Sir Minelli wrote:

01:48:19 (1) - I think this slider comes too fast after this beat 01:47:94 (8) -
Id say move it ahead to the red tick here 01:48:44 (1) -
It maps a lyric in its current spot, but doesn't map anything (thus sounds odd) when I move it. This is supposed to be Hard, so I'm keeping this.

Sir Minelli wrote:

The rap part now... interesting. It's hard yes, but playable.
Before we continue, let's investigate the spacing I'm using here: The "true" spacing multiplier I'm using is 1.4x, which can be seen during the combo at 01:50:69 (1). This multiplier turns 1/4s into adjacent circles. I then modify this in two ways: I space the 1/2 combos in places such as 01:51:69 (1,2,3) one circle-width wider than 1.4x would provide. I also shrink the spacing of the streams by about ~1-2 grids to generate overlap so they are easier to hit.

Sir Minelli wrote:

02:01:57 (6) - new combo here
This purple combo is one discrete musical phrase, and it also occupies exactly one bar. Keeping this.

Sir Minelli wrote:

02:02:45 (1) - Too far from 02:02:70 (2) - I think spacing is ok but,
for my point of view, after you click this beat 02:02:45 (1), you will have to perform the next pattern which will get difficult after that tiny jump. Maybe lower the spacing between the beat and the following pattern.
Moved 2 grids to the right to match the 1.4x spacing.

Sir Minelli wrote:

02:04:20 (1) - 02:04:45 (2) - This caught me off guard, didn't expect that slider speed change here.
Maybe instead of this, you might consider adding the same previous pattern here:
02:02:70 (2) - 02:02:82 (3) - 02:02:95 (4) - 02:03:07 (5) - 02:03:20 (6) -
Thats it for the rap part. Lets continue now.
What slider speed change DO you expect? :P These sliders contain no ticks, so even if they do catch you off guard, they shouldn't break your combo.

Sir Minelli wrote:

02:45:21 (5) - too far from this slider's end 02:44:71 (4) -
Once again you can make this 02:45:21 (5) a new combo and remove new combo from 02:45:71 (1) -
03:01:22 (5) - <-- same problem with this slider.
See response to 1:41:19.

Sir Minelli wrote:

03:03:72 (1) - you sure you want clap here?
Yup. =3

[quote="Sir Minelli"]03:40:24 (1) - I think this spinner sounds better if you move one tick ahead, to the blue tick
Again, it's synching stuff, and I find it fits nicer where it is, thanks.

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.
sheshe816
For Hard, I think you should map from 00:20:15.
01:49:94 to 02:05:70 - some are spaced too far.Better if adjust a bit.
Topic Starter
mm201
Thanks for the feedback, sheshe.

I can't really map any earlier for Hard, since the map is already 3:56 long. 4 minutes seems to be a general cutoff for map length. And yes, the rap section is riddled with jumps. :D I detailed the exact rules I followed in spacing this section in my previous reply. If there are any specifics you find problematic, please mention, but for now, this section stays the same.
fufe
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mm201

fufe wrote:

After reading the previous comments and responses all I can think to contribute is for
02:04:20 (1,2) - sliders, shouldnt they overlap a little just like the other 1/4 combo hits in this rap section?
I considered this, but I found it looked untidy. (I'd have spaced all the 1/4s that way, but that would be too mean.)

All the other time intervals are spaced much differently, so there's nothing to mistake them with. I've seen more questionable "unique" spacing approaches get ranked, and recently, so I'm still confident about these parts.

Overlapping them by 1 grid looks okay, so I'll do that.

Johanna Shut Up's highest difficulty was only called Hard. ;)
Yuukari-Banteki
[Normal]
00:47:03 (3) - line this up vertically under 2
00:49:04 (3) - ^
00:51:04 (3) - ^
00:55:04 (3) - maybe move this a little farther left? it looks weird making such a sharp angle with 2
02:00:57 (2,3,4,5) - i know it fits the lyrics but this sounds really really weird
02:34:21 (3) - line this up with 1 and 2
03:25:73 (1,2,3,4) - pattern is getting slightly repetitive

[Hard]
00:46:91 (4,5,6,7) - the random soft timing sections are a bit of a mindfuck imo ^^U
01:57:94 (9,10) - sounds a bit weird with the slightly different timeline-spacing than the rest of the pattern. maybe make this a new combo?
02:00:19 (1,2,3,4) - it looks kinda like its spaced correctly but its confusing nonetheless
03:25:73 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - once again this is where your map crosses my threshhold of how much repetition I can stand without getting bored

This is generally a very good map, as I've said the repetition is a bit more than I would like but otherwise quite nice :)
FurukawaPan
I love this song <3

[Normal]

I was getting the sense that those 3-stacks were quite repetitive, so I suggest making them not stacks, depending on your mood, some of them could be 3-in-a-row on screen, or triad shape o°o <- Like so, or any other pattern you can think of, just to make my mouse move some more.

[Hard]

Really awesome, bordering between [Hard] and [Insane] in difficulty, but I think it's fine that way. :)

Star'd
Topic Starter
mm201

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Normal]
00:47:03 (3) - line this up vertically under 2
Moved 1 and 2 one grid to the right to fix the symmetry instead.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

00:49:04 (3) - ^
00:51:04 (3) - ^
Vertically aligning 2 with 3 breaks the symmetry in each combo, so these stay.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

00:55:04 (3) - maybe move this a little farther left? it looks weird making such a sharp angle with 2
I wanted it to be a mirror of 00:56:16 (1,2,3), but I couldn't do that and space. I'll think of something to do here.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

02:00:57 (2,3,4,5) - i know it fits the lyrics but this sounds really really weird
Works for me. My only other option would be to replace it with a stack, which is, IMO, less interesting.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

02:34:21 (3) - line this up with 1 and 2
This breaks spacing with 4, or otherwise has 4 overlapping the 1, 2 stack, which I don't want to do. Note how in this difficulty, not a single note ever overlaps another. (iNis style)

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

03:25:73 (1,2,3,4) - pattern is getting slightly repetitive
Check out the new version with james039's fixes.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Hard]
00:46:91 (4,5,6,7) - the random soft timing sections are a bit of a mindfuck imo ^^U
The plan is to mix in default soft hits to add emphasis to certain notes, kind of like EBA's tap hitnoises, but without using custom sounds. It sounds good on the default skin, and fantastic on EBO! ^,^; (of course, on EBO, you lose the totally leet slider whistles :D)

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

01:57:94 (9,10) - sounds a bit weird with the slightly different timeline-spacing than the rest of the pattern. maybe make this a new combo?
These notes synch "shitemo", which is still part of the same musical phrase, so they should be part of the same combo. The spacing should make this extra 1/4 pause readable.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

02:00:19 (1,2,3,4) - it looks kinda like its spaced correctly but its confusing nonetheless
This is a small jump which places 02:00:19 (1) noticeably further from 02:00:57 (2) to "space" this combo of jumps without breaking its symmetry.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

03:25:73 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - once again this is where your map crosses my threshhold of how much repetition I can stand without getting bored

This is generally a very good map, as I've said the repetition is a bit more than I would like but otherwise quite nice :)
I'll see what I can do about the repetition. With three choruses to map, each one repeated, it's hard to come up with totally unique patterns each time around. I mapped the chorus uniquely three times, and copied/pasted/flipped, then altered things up wherever I could for each of the repeats.

james039 wrote:

I love this song <3

[Normal]

I was getting the sense that those 3-stacks were quite repetitive, so I suggest making them not stacks, depending on your mood, some of them could be 3-in-a-row on screen, or triad shape o°o <- Like so, or any other pattern you can think of, just to make my mouse move some more.
Done. This difficulty was originally supposed to be Easy (thus the simple patterns), but parts became too hard, so I renamed it Normal. (Come to think of it, you told me to. :P)

james039 wrote:

[Hard]

Really awesome, bordering between [Hard] and [Insane] in difficulty, but I think it's fine that way. :)

Star'd
Yeah, but it's kind of pitiful to call Insane, with the greater majority being too tame. Other maps (any music by Crazy Loop :D) become much jump-heavier at parts but are still named Hard.

Thanks much for the modding attention, guys. This thing might get ranked in a timely manner yet! Kudosu all around :)
Lizbeth
nice map!, wanna see this ranked,
so.. star :)
tom800510
pretty good map :)

few suggestion you can try map it better.
----------------------------------------
normal:
1.add sounds as you did in hard

----------------------------------------
hard:
1.sounds in first place are not really useful to me,
they are complex but not much better i guess

2.maybe do some change at diffirent part of chorus,
they look same to beat.

3.i will try map the third breaking, that is a perfect place to map i guess.
you can do many fun there ;) ;) ;)

-----------------------------------------
both two difficutly:
1.little ogly to me :P

2.few sound effects stranged me :(
Topic Starter
mm201
tom: I'm having a hard time understanding your grammar, so my apologies if I've gotten anything wrong.

tom800510 wrote:

normal:
1.add sounds as you did in hard
There aren't really enough notes to add as many noises as in Hard, without sounding too crowded. Especially the claps.

tom800510 wrote:

hard:
1.sounds in first place are not really useful to me,
they are complex but not much better i guess
Claps/Whistles/Finishes just sound too loud and obnoxious for this part, so I did my best with what limited hitnoise resources osu! provides to create quiet hits to add emphasis to certain beats.

tom800510 wrote:

2.maybe do some change at diffirent part of chorus,
they look same to beat.
I already mixed things up as much as I was able for each of the choruses. I mapped it uniquely three times, and foe each of the repeats, copypasted/flipped/changed things up wherever I could.

tom800510 wrote:

3.i will try map the third breaking, that is a perfect place to map i guess.
you can do many fun there ;) ;) ;)
Are you offering? Or just suggesting I do it. If you want to map a collaborative difficulty, you're welcome to, but I'm happy with the break placements where they are. This is one of the quieter parts where I'd be missing the least by using it as a break.

tom800510 wrote:

both two difficutly:
1.little ogly to me :P

2.few sound effects stranged me :(
I need specifics. I did my best to make hitnoises fit, and to make the layout of the map as attractive and interesting as possible. Do you have the video disabled? The hitcircle colours are chosen to go with the video, so they might not work so well with the more brownish/bluish dark backdrop.
minyeob
Nice Pattern :)

[Hard]
1:28:931(4)-> I think this is too close from (5).
1:44:941(4)-> Same as above.

Star'd.
ishi
Love this song, and this map is pretty well done, star'd :)
whymeman
Ah, a song from M.O.V.E. I like :) . I would map Dogfight but someone might kill me if it comes out wrong ._.;;

Anyways, lets see how I can help and some of these are only suggestions, not directions. :)

[Normal]

Might want to fix that breaktime after 01:00:67 (5) and after 02:05:70 (6).

That's the only problem I see on this difficulty, good job ^_^.

[Hard] (Checking....)

Breaktime needs to be adjusted after 01:01:04 (13) and after 02:05:70 (4).

Ths level has some mad jumps in it after 01:48:19 (1), but I guess its okay unless someone else says otherwise.

But overall, nicely done. Star for effort. :D
tom800510
i have to say sorry about may suck english first :| :| :|

my idea of sounds:
the whistle not agree with this song almost
clap sound better in it
or delete unneccesary sound effects
just hit with origin voice

if you feel the part sounds too loud to place clap
turn the Volume lower that part
-----------------------------------------------------------
and maybe try overlap those confused notes

thats all what i mean in fore post.......

and yes, you can do nothing about my suggestion
they wont obstruct it be ranked
0_o
These are pure suggestions, there's really nothing wrong about this map ^_^

Normal
01:31:68 (1) - This spinner feels like it starts kinda late, maybe start it on the previous white tick?
01:47:69 (1) - ^
02:00:57 (2,3,4,5) - This sounds kinda awkward to me.. it became a bit more natural when i played it over a few times, but idk.
02:06:201 - Fix this break
02:51:97 (1) - I'll just stop mentioning the spinners now, you get the point :P
03:55:75 (x) - Add a beat here?

Hard
01:02:171 - Woahhhh fix this break :o

Very nice map, love the hitsounds (as usual with your maps) 8-)
Topic Starter
mm201
tom800510: I'm happy with the hitsounds the way they are. I'm thinking of using more volume changes and soft hits, but doing this would lead to some bad cases of this bug because of the fast tempo. IMO, whistles work fine with most forms of J-Pop, but that might just be because of my Ouendan background. Either way, I like them.

0_o wrote:

Normal
01:31:68 (1) - This spinner feels like it starts kinda late, maybe start it on the previous white tick?
01:47:69 (1) - ^
Agreed with the spinners on Normal. Changed. (They were also too short for a Normal difficulty the old way.)

0_o wrote:

02:00:57 (2,3,4,5) - This sounds kinda awkward to me.. it became a bit more natural when i played it over a few times, but idk.
See response to SFG. IMO a stack would be worse there, and that's the only thing I could turn it into.

0_o wrote:

02:06:201 - Fix this break
<3 authentic breaks. Kept.

0_o wrote:

03:55:75 (x) - Add a beat here?
This was the one part I was least satisfied with. Changed. Thanks!

0_o wrote:

01:02:171 - Woahhhh fix this break :o
See 02:06:201 [Normal]. ^^

Edit: Moved to Help pending the decision on slider velocities.