forum

Requests about Osu direct and the Playlist

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rinoa Angelo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
heintsi
Seems to be my first second post to forums... anyways..
I totally agree with vividzor.. i have 2500 maps atm and it's pain in the ass to search for some good map i like(and i can't remember all the tricky japanese names) and there should be some measure to show how popular some specific map is.
i hope we see one vividzor's suggestion live in future.
Lesjuh
I agree, it would be a lot more clarifying. I also wanted to have more favorite maps to sort beatmaps for myself. Now it's just favorites A and B. And some map ranking inside osu! would be awesome too.
JUSTICE!!!
Saturn_old
I agree with vividzor. There should be more selection opitions since we have so many beatmaps. I think genre selection would be very handy to find songs you 'd like to play. It would be better to have more selection opitions for both osu direct and the playlist.
LuigiHann
Genre selection is one of those things that gets suggested and talked about often but it much easier said than done. It will be very difficult to implement but will nonetheless be implemented someday.

Other ideas brought up are good.
RemmyX25

The Subscription Page wrote:

Benefits offered will increase over time, but are currently limited to:

* osu!direct (In-game beatmap list with download support)
* Automatic downloading when multiplaying, spectating or clicking chat links
* Increased beatmap submission limit (up to 8 beatmaps)
* Special text colour in in-game chat
* Knowing that you are helping support the future of osu! :)
I'm personally in it for the last reason~
Echo
Downloading songs from within osu IS the main use of osudirect. It's so that you don't have to go through the hassle of getting songs from the site. To be hoenst, unless you're modding or something very few people would be downloading songs that aren't already ranked, which renders the in-game .osu update pretty useless for most normal gamers.
Topic Starter
Rinoa Angelo
I dont think it is useless. The beatmap site is not a hassle its very good sorted and you can filter things you like and search its just disappointing to get a song you want or you are curious about and then the beatmap sucks :(
peppy
Previews? You do know that osu!direct has thumbnail/audio previews, just as the site does? You also know that it integrates with multiplayer, spectating, chat, and has its own separate interface for downlaoding songs? Have you actually seen osu!direct or are you talking with an idea in your head of what it is?

Genre is not a subscription feature. I don't want to make it one, and if it is implemented will of course be available to all. It is also kind've off-topic and has threads already. Popularity/rankings are already available on the website and osu!direct too, so I am a bit unsure where you are coming from, really.

As has been said; osu!direct is in-game downloading. Don't try and bundle your misc feature requests as siubscription-specific features - leave that up to me please.
LuigiHann
I looked at osu!direct with this in mind, and one thing I noticed is that, while you can tell it to display the top rated songs, you can't sort within a search by top rated. Maybe you could overload that button, peppy, so that it functions as a sort if you use it after searching.
Topic Starter
Rinoa Angelo
I was suprised today when i looked at the beatmap site and saw the new genre selection. Im really thankfull !